How to remove the grille on a Maserati Granturismo (GT and GTS) MY2010

Moz1000

How to remove the grille on a Maserati Granturismo (GT and GTS) MY2010 in this example
CIMG4045.jpg
1. There are twelve 6-point star recessed bolts (6 along the top and bottom) holding the grille in place. You need to roll back the rubber surround that sits just inside the grille to access these bolts. Here's the one next to the tow point:
CIMG4046.jpg
2. I bought a set of 5- and 6-point extra-long screwdriver bits from MachineMart:
CIMG4048.jpg
3. At each position around the periphery of the grille, roll back the rubber surround and remove the bolt using the T25 sized 6-point bit:
CIMG4049.jpg
4. Once all 12 bolts are removed the grille pulls out.
5. If you have front parking sensors fitted like mine, then you need to disconnect each connector as you pull the grille forward. If you can't figure out how the connector unlatches, then use a small Philips screwdriver to remove each sensor from behind the grille.
CIMG4047.jpg
6. Replacement is the reverse process. However, take the opportunity to clean everything up and coat the inside of the ‘mouth' with tyre dressing before you reassemble.
7. This is a good way to get to the nut behind the front Maserati emblem which you can now undo with an 8- or 10mm socket before prizing the emblem off the bumper.
regards
Moz

Scaf

very helpful - this simple job had been on my to do list for a while but I was just not sure where all the fixing were located

v12v8

This was brilliant. Thank you. My grille had 2 extra bolts holding each side in.

Scaf

I did mine last weekend - less than an hour from start to finish !
New emblem looks fab

stevo

Thanks for th
How to remove the grille on a Maserati Granturismo (GT and GTS) MY2010 in this example
View attachment 43675
1. There are twelve 6-point star recessed bolts (6 along the top and bottom) holding the grille in place. You need to roll back the rubber surround that sits just inside the grille to access these bolts. Here's the one next to the tow point:
View attachment 43676
2. I bought a set of 5- and 6-point extra-long screwdriver bits from MachineMart:
View attachment 43677
3. At each position around the periphery of the grille, roll back the rubber surround and remove the bolt using the T25 sized 6-point bit:
View attachment 43678
4. Once all 12 bolts are removed the grille pulls out.
5. If you have front parking sensors fitted like mine, then you need to disconnect each connector as you pull the grille forward. If you can't figure out how the connector unlatches, then use a small Philips screwdriver to remove each sensor from behind the grille.
View attachment 43679
6. Replacement is the reverse process. However, take the opportunity to clean everything up and coat the inside of the ‘mouth' with tyre dressing before you reassemble.
7. This is a good way to get to the nut behind the front Maserati emblem which you can now undo with an 8- or 10mm socket before prizing the emblem off the bumper.
regards
Moz
Thanks for the advice. Just finished replacing my emblem. I would add that you also need to remove radiator cowl behind the front grill as well to get access to the emblem nut which has a 6mm nut holding it in place. Almost impossible to replace nut after fitting new one so just stuck the new one in place.

Adam S

Thanks for the info and photos, I have had to replace the mouth bit which sits behind the grill. As on the way to work in the summer a pigeon unfortunately flew out infront of my car. One of the fins snapped off and a part of the mouth was damaged. I've glued and fiberglassed the fin on the grill and just replaced the mouth. I found that there was 6 bolts top, 6 on the bottom and one in each side, 14 in total.
They are, or at least mine where 3mm Allen bolts, not star bits. T20 would fit but it is definitely 3mm Allen bit required. I hope this helps anyone in the future.
Thanks again for the info and photos

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk