Anyone ordered a Levante S?

Marco07

I'm told that there will be a Levante S available to test in the UK in July. I tested a diesel yesterday and found it to be a bit sluggish and unresponsive for my taste. The brakes also grabbed a bit at crawling speed in traffic. I'll be interested to see if the petrol engine variant overcomes these problems and wows me.

Has anyone on here driving a petrol one or ordered one?

Andyk

There is talk of one but don't think it's been confirmed....As always Maserati missing a trick on this on as people seem to want the petrol.

MrMickS

Andy, it has been confirmed. The S is coming but it won't be for sale until a bit later in the year.

MrMickS

I'm after a test drive once they have one. I wouldn't be in the market until next year at the earliest, but I'd like to drive it so that I know what it feels like.

StuartW

I quite enjoyed the diesel I had for a couple of days and it was only it's driveability which was lacking so I'm sure that will be addressed with the petrol one; I think this will be a very good car indeed

Dyer3200

Like this

Crafted for all-terrain adventures, the exterior of the Levante S comes with sportiness as standard and navigates every turn with the greatest of ease.

LEVANTE S. Petrol 430bhp V6 Twin-Turbo
Pricing from £70,755

LEVANTE S V6 Petrol
Length 5003mm

Width * 1968mm

Height 1679mm

Engine Layout V6

Displacement 2979 cc

Max power 430 HP

Max speed 165 mph

Acceleration 0-62 mph 5.2 sec

* Without side mirrors
“There is no way to describe the Levante S other than as a work of art. From its 20-inch wheels to the aerodynamic groves along the exterior to the panoramic sunroof, the SUV separates itself from the pack (it doesn’t hurt when there is a Maserati insignia on the grille either).”
Architectural Digest - September 2016

outrun

Only 100 or so horses short of where it should be. Where's the 3.8 version Maserati?

samueluper

I tested it last month and... WOW!!!! It´s a true Cayenne crusher. And the sound... WTF!!! It´s louder than a F488!!!! Then i walked into my GS and went to do a Euromillones...

Marco07

I tested it last month and... WOW!!!! It´s a true Cayenne crusher. And the sound... WTF!!! It´s louder than a F488!!!! Then i walked into my GS and went to do a Euromillones...
I'm booked in with it in July and you've definitely got me excited Sam. Where did you get to drive it, track/road/off-road?

samueluper

I'm booked in with it in July and you've definitely got me excited Sam. Where did you get to drive it, track/road/off-road?

I've just drive it on road. My advice is to press the sport button and keep it that way ALWAYS.
The cayenne S bites the dust. Turbo i don't know because I didn't drive it.

iainw

Problem is that the Stelvio QV wouldn't be close enough to hear it - and if he was, the driver would be too busy counting his several thousand pounds worth of change.

iainw

I love the trident, they just need a dose of reality and step up to the plate.
What are they doing letting Alfa make halo car one after another while they are content with selling ghiblis in bulk?

The amount of sub 30 ghiblis on AT is mind boggling, with low miles and some great options.
Truly into daily driver territory for the masses.

MrMickS

We need that V8 from the QP in a GTS version of both the Ghibli and Levante. That would distinguish them from the Alfas

MrMickS

Just got invited to a Levante S launch event August by the local dealer. Two options, one at the dealership, the other with a pro driver. Had to choose the driver :D