LEd Bulbs

Topher57

Hello
Fitted two new LED canbus bulbs to the rear registration lights only to have a bulb warning error come up on the dashboard. Tried reversing the polarity on each bulb but warning stays on. I have read that Canbus bulbs may not be essential. Any ideas?

Ambient69

Just been looking at C5W LED bulbs in Halfords today. Fed up of melting my fingers when opening my the car boot, due to a faulty light. Noticed some C5W LEDs now available are for offroad or interior use only, due to there brightness. Online Halfords had some at £7 available to collect, but at the store only choice was £10 or £15 per pair, so decided to do some more research.

Ambient69

Forget to mention/answer the question. Some do mention canbus and that they will work, and not register faults, on the packaging. Whether true is probably trial and error.

Keano

You need these to load the circuit as the LEDs do not draw enough and Canbus sees the bulb as failed

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bu...rior-lights/halfords-501-resistor-upgrade-kit

The Halfords Resistor Upgrade 501 Kit prevents error warning lights that are triggered by fitting aftermarket LEDs, such as the CANbus system alerting you that the bulb is broken. Easy to fit - this clever kit plugs into your vehicle’s bulb socket so there is no need to re-wire or solder. Ideal for high spec vehicles from brands including Audi, BMW, Mercedes and VW. ,

Team GCR

You need these to load the circuit as the LEDs do not draw enough and Canbus sees the bulb as failed

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bu...rior-lights/halfords-501-resistor-upgrade-kit

The Halfords Resistor Upgrade 501 Kit prevents error warning lights that are triggered by fitting aftermarket LEDs, such as the CANbus system alerting you that the bulb is broken. Easy to fit - this clever kit plugs into your vehicle’s bulb socket so there is no need to re-wire or solder. Ideal for high spec vehicles from brands including Audi, BMW, Mercedes and VW. ,

You can buy LED bulbs with the resistor built in to the bulb, so no need to buy both an LED bulb and that kit.

HTH

Topher57

Thanks guys, looks like another trip to Halfords. If I keep this up i'm due a customer loyalty card.

MemaAssuse

Thanks - I managed to remove the wedge bulbs with a needle nose - replaced with LED wedges. Also replaced the interior and trunk with 44mm festoon LEDs.