Keep your eyes open for a GT car cover on eBay

GeoffCapes

Theiving w anchors!

The indoor Maserati GT car cover I bought off of a guy on eBay was signed for at my address (apparently) even though I was in Scotland and Alex was at work.
DHL have the name of who signed for it. Clearly they delivered it to someone else round where I live, but they've kept it. I'm the only person (I think) in Ashford with at GT!

So if you see one come up on eBay shortly give me a shout. Especially if it's in Ashford.

:jpmad::jpmad::jpmad:

GeoffCapes

They should have proof of delivery which you can challenge.

C

That's the next step. Was signed by someone called Chorazewicz.

I notice the guy I bought it off didn't pay for insurance though.

This could be a right ball ache!

Scaf

Sorry to hear this, but I think this is where eBay "policy" of always siding with buyers may well play in your favour.
It's not been delivered to you so you can raise a case with eBay - the buyer can claim from the delivery company.
Hope it's gets sorted

CatmanV2

I don't think that's relevant. It wasn't address to Chorzewicz and it's clearly not your signature so they've given it to a random stranger at the wrong place.

C

GeoffCapes

Sorry to hear this, but I think this is where eBay "policy" of always siding with buyers may well play in your favour.
It's not been delivered to you so you can raise a case with eBay - the buyer can claim from the delivery company.
Hope it's gets sorted

I paid for it away from eBay so I could get it cheaper and the seller didn't have to pay any fees.

StuartW

I paid for it away from eBay so I could get it cheaper and the seller didn't have to pay any fees.

In that case, it's down to a claim from the delivery company I would have thought. Or PAYPAL maybe, unless you paid by bank transfer?

Navcorr

That's a bummer Geoff. It's possible the recipient has good intentions and has assumed DHL let you know which address they delivered it to. Failing which Catman has it right - DHL have not fulfilled the terms of the delivery contract. Which they will probably say is with the seller not you. If the seller shows no interest in helping I'd notify the Police as a theft. Write to DHL quoting the crime number advising that you hold them 100% responsible. Give them a set period to either pay up or, preferably, find the goods and return them. DHL will have procedures to interview the delivery driver who will likely be asked to point out the address it was sent to. Had something not too dissimilar a few years back and was surprised how seriously the Police took matters. Maybe a bit heavy but probably the only way you'll get DHL's attention.

GeoffCapes

That's a bummer Geoff. It's possible the recipient has good intentions and has assumed DHL let you know which address they delivered it to. Failing which Catman has it right - DHL have not fulfilled the terms of the delivery contract. Which they will probably say is with the seller not you. If the seller shows no interest in helping I'd notify the Police as a theft. Write to DHL quoting the crime number advising that you hold them 100% responsible. Give them a set period to either pay up or, preferably, find the goods and return them. DHL will have procedures to interview the delivery driver who will likely be asked to point out the address it was sent to. Had something not too dissimilar a few years back and was surprised how seriously the Police took matters. Maybe a bit heavy but probably the only way you'll get DHL's attention.

I'll bear that in mind. Hopefully DHL will get onto the driver Asap.

D Walker

Annoys the sh1t out of me, don't deliver it, leave a card and you can pick up at nearest depot, half these charlies dont deliver, they will make it up and then sell on, I remember someone posting footage of an amazon driver who not only did not deliver his parcel but helped himself to another one left on a doorstep.....

rockits

Sorry to hear this Mark. I made a similar mistake about 5 or so years ago buying a laptop off a guy on EBay. Paid by bank transfer outside EBay or PayPal. It was a scam & never arrived.

Reported to Police. They arrested the guy & it all went to court as he was a known serial scammer. Some months later he went to court & charged then sentenced to 2 years.

At that point I asked my Police contact how/when do I get my money back. After a long pause she didn't understand what I meant. I clearly re-iterated that he had taken my money & you know about it so where is my money as I want it back. I don't think it is going to work like that sir.

Always pay by PayPal at the very least know & also use a credit card as the payment source on PayPal as well. Never had a problem since.

At the end of the day you have bought something from a seller & haven't received it. The seller has to supply an alternative replacement or a full refund.

Have you got any written evidence of the order?

Contigo

Sponsor
That's the problem with not playing by the rules. eBay money back guarantee is worth its weight in Gold for buyers.

dem maser

GC ebay wont help.
I have just lost £55 as i ordered trainers and a neighbour at number 84 sogned for them but that house is used as an air bnb house so when i knocked for them they didn't know anything and said some people left that morning

I reported it but ebay took sellers side as the parcel was delivered after all even though of wasnt me or my signature

spkennyuk

There are only 4 people in ashford with that name Mark. Is there a first initial ?

D , L or M as the initial. Its a strange name to make up so if i was placing a bet its on a similar road name in Ashford where mr or mrs/miss Chorazewicz live.

Ive got three of the first names in the area if it helps.

philw696

GC ebay wont help.
I have just lost £55 as i ordered trainers and a neighbour at number 84 sogned for them but that house is used as an air bnb house so when i knocked for them they didn't know anything and said some people left that morning

I reported it but ebay took sellers side as the parcel was delivered after all even though of wasnt me or my signature

More to the point what do you need trainers for Dem ?
Thought it would be knee pads for you :)

Navcorr

Following SPK's thought have done a little digging and may have found something. Maybe. The D is Daniel Chorazewicz who has a Facebook friend called Arthur Pluta. He owns the tiling firm AP Tiling registered at 4 Colemans Close. Coincidence?