Keep your eyes open for a GT car cover on eBay

GeoffCapes

Following SPK's thought have done a little digging and may have found something. Maybe. The D is Daniel Chorazewicz who has a Facebook friend called Arthur Pluta. He owns the tiling firm AP Tiling registered at 4 Colemans Close. Coincidence?

Ironically I contacted Daniel as we have mutual friends on Facebook. He lives the other side of Ashford.
And says he hasn't seen or signed for anything.

GeoffCapes

It turns out DHL have admitted that they delivered the cover to the wrong address and will be picking it up tomorrow and delivering it to me tomorrow.
The only problem is that I will be in Rome tomorrow. So hopefully one of my law abiding neighbours will take it in.

That's if DHL can collect it from the previous address.

Navcorr

That's good news! Would DHL not hold it for you until you get back - possibly a safer option.

GeoffCapes

That's good news! Would DHL not hold it for you until you get back - possibly a safer option.

The neighbours either side or opposite are really good, we take parcels in for each other all the time.
As long as it goes to one of them....

Navcorr

Best laid plans, etc. Sadly, in many instances the overriding weakness of a system, no matter how robust the design, is the human. I always try to remove the fu**wit from the equation whenever possible. Was asked once what a fu**wit is - wasn't quite sure how to answer. :biggrin:

Corranga

Hope you can get it sorted, nothing more frustrating than buying something and it getting lost in the post!

Best laid plans, etc. Sadly, in many instances the overriding weakness of a system, no matter how robust the design, is the human. I always try to remove the fu**wit from the equation whenever possible. Was asked once what a fu**wit is - wasn't quite sure how to answer. :biggrin:

Sometimes works in your favour. I had a call from a courier 30 minutes ago, he is trying to deliver to me, but I'm at work. Needs a signature. I asked if he could deliver to a friend who runs a business and is local to me, so should be there to sign for it.
The conversation went like this:

Me: "Could you take it to somewhere near my house instead?"
Him: "Will the person be in?"
Me: "Yes it's a friend who runs a business and they are open all day"
Him "Where is it?"
Me: "Clepington St, it's a garage, hang on, I'll look up the postcode"
Him: "Oh, is that Paul Bowers, I'll drop it in and have a chat while I'm there"

:)

Navcorr

Nice. To be fair I've not had many problems with deliveries and generally I'd say the drivers do their best. For everyday stuff I use UPS and not once had a problem with them. The chap tasked to this area has been around for over 10 years - I can't be the only one he's on first name terms with. When it's not been my choice though, and something has gone wrong, it's the middle managers at the depots that get on my whatsits. The level of interest can be woeful. Probably tactful not to name & shame the particular companies but probably the same ones you read about.

GeoffCapes

The long and the short of this is that, the cover never turned up.

The good news is that I got my money back.

The better news is that I've just won another on eBay, this time I paid using PayPal.

There is another currently at £100 if anyone else is looking.

Cogsy

The thing that perplexes me most about all of this is why you need a cover when your car is parked indoors :conf4:

safrane

Mine is indoors but is always dusty, even more so when its been windy...garage has lots of draughts which are welcome as it keeps the condensation away.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
The thing that perplexes me most about all of this is why you need a cover when your car is parked indoors :conf4:

We have very well sealed garage doors but still find the cars get covered in dust without covers. Thing is, with covers on, they still get a coating of dust!