Bleeding the F1 pump

atreyu1

Can anyone advise on bleeding the F1 pump/system after changing the pump? The guide I read had no mention of any requirment to bleed the system however after doing some more reading it seems a must?

I've just seen this page on here, although the pictures of the bleed locations (page 3) don't show anymore.... does anyone have any pictures so I'm not wasting too much time trying to spot them.

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/15882-F1-Bleeding/page2

CatmanV2

Can anyone advise on bleeding the F1 pump/system after changing the pump? The guide I read had no mention of any requirment to bleed the system however after doing some more reading it seems a must?

I've just seen this page on here, although the pictures of the bleed locations (page 3) don't show anymore.... does anyone have any pictures so I'm not wasting too much time trying to spot them.

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/15882-F1-Bleeding/page2

I think you need a diagnostic, no? Voicey will know.

You will probably be able to find the photos on Craig Waterman's own site now.

C

allandwf

I seem to recall another thread, from last year possibly, where the owner was trying to bleed it himself. Kyle possibly?

allandwf

I seem to recall another thread, from last year possibly, where the owner was trying to bleed it himself. Kyle4200 possibly?

Gp79

You need proper diagnostic kit to bleed correctly.

I replaced my pump and bled through the clutch line and have not had any problems, i will get it bled correctly at the next service though.

Dunno if i just got lucky but when i replaced my f1 pump myself i didnt bleed it and it was fine

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kyle4200

You can bleed the power unit, pump and clutch line without the SD - but to bleed the actuator you will need the correct diagnostic's to fire off the individual EV lines and gears.

Instructions to follow...

Kyle4200

The Pump itself is Self-Priming, but air may be introduced to the System when the Pump is replaced.

Step-By-Step
1. Make sure car is in (N).
2. Switch off Battery power.
3. Open 'Bypass Screw' on top right of the Power Block, this will pressurise the Pump Circuit.
4. DO NOT touch the Pressure Regulator on the top left!
5. Check Fluid Level and record.
6. Change Pump.
7. Refill to previous Fluid Level in Step 5.
8. Battery Power back on.
9. DO NOT start engine or attempt to change gears!
10. Pump will run - Use door Open/Close etc.
11. Allow Pump to cycle 5 times, as it attempts to raise pressure - pumping Fluid to and from the Reservoir.
12. Close 'Bypass Screw'. DO NOT over tighten!
13. On the next Pump run the System will pressurise.
14. Check Fluid Level is correct.
15. Job Done!

If for some reason you think air has been pushed into the Power Block, Vacuum Bleed from the Clutch Line bleed point near the quick release connector at the rear. Do this will the power off!

Gardei

Hello to all forum members ! Where i can find bypass screw(top right of power block) photo?