Italy here we come

Caldy999

Heading for Furka Pass and Gotthard Pass tomorrow - forecast very iffy so I hope it holds.

safrane

Did the Gotthard two years ago...weather was dreadful and then the AC compressor went...hope your trip is nothing like mine pal.

Caldy999

Fabulous run today as the weather held out. Met loads of guys & gals doing the £500 Rust to Rome Rally - all sorts of shapes, sizes and speeds.
IMG_2594.jpg
Top of Grimsel Pass
IMG_2592.jpg
IMG_2593.jpg
Top of Furka Pass
IMG_2598.jpg
IMG_2595.jpg
Needed coffee after coming down Furka with brake warning light flashing so found a bakery in Andermatt and guess what came by....
IMG_2602.jpg
Then it was off to:
IMG_2605.jpg
Stopped for photos so parked next to
IMG_2608.jpg
View from Gotthard Pass to Airolo
IMG_2611.jpg
So now the wife's holiday begins on the shores of Lake Maggiore where it is currently 27 degrees and sunny.
IMG_2620.jpg
I'm onto the internet to find some brake pads!

Attachments

• IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

StuartW

Fantastic pictures, very envious! Enjoy the rest of the holiday & keep the pictures coming

Caldy999

Considering his car is worth up to a million euros or so, he was very carefully playing on the Gotthard Pass.IMG_2614.jpg

safrane

So thats what the pass looks like... in was thick fog on my trip... so please you had some clear weather.

We stay at the Dino hotel in Bavano... I take it you will have a trip to Isola Bella?

Will think of you on your hols as I drink an Aperol Spritz tonight.

Caldy999

Dino looks fabulous - very 'oldy worldy', like Grand Hotel Bristol in Stresa where we are for a few days before Milan.
We investigated the local tour boat which visits the islands between here and Villa Taranto so they're on the list. But first a little sun!

Scaf

Looks like you are having a great time - I did this very trip - same passes etc in June last year in my GTS
truly awesome - enjoy and keep safe

Caldy999

I intend to!! Had a few squeaky bum moments down the Furka. As RHD you're on the drop side and it's very narrow in places with no crash barriers, only spaced concrete bollards through which a Spyder will easily fit!

Surprisingly I've only seen one other Maser on the whole trip - this guy off to play down the Gotthard.

IMG_2607.jpg

MrPea

Your trip looks great. The Lauterbrunnen valley is rather pretty.
Keep on enjoying! Spyder looks lovely.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
What a trip! And yes, Soyder looks fabulous. We did a similar trip a few years ago when the children still were, and we all fitted. Gotthard was great, even four up with a jammed boot. Brakes took a pasting but we sounded majestic.

Caldy999

Thought I'd drop in to the Maserati Store......shut down!
But just round the corner
IMG_2721.jpg
IMG_2723.jpg
IMG_2724.jpg
Place was buzzing, people spending fortunes on memorabilia.