Italy here we come

Caldy999

Who says you can't pack 3 weeks+ worth of luggage for 2 in a Spyder?

Oh.....needless to say, it's pissing down!

IMG_2419.jpg

allandwf

Where's all your other halfs shoes? Trailer? Would be if we were going for 3weeks lol

Caldy999

Some daft sod told her THE place to buy shoes is Italy....guess I need another photo before we return.

MrMickS

Is she flying back with the shoes because it doesn't look like you're going to be buying much

You can always ship your purchases so that they arrive back when you do. They don't need to travel back with you.

Paul - H

Plenty of room left for shoes if you throw the boxes left, unless she has size 12's

Navcorr

Maybe of interest to those travelling is a storage facility near Calais. Operating principally to take delivery of, check over and subsequent storage of, wines that you have bought on your journey. From memory they charge €1 per box for three months storage. They are also happy to take delivery of most inventory - including shoes I'd imagine :)

I'm not affiliated with them in any way but they have been most helpful in the past. Their website is:

http://www.vineyards-direct.com

CatmanV2

Maybe of interest to those travelling is a storage facility near Calais. Operating principally to take delivery of, check over and subsequent storage of, wines that you have bought on your journey. From memory they charge €1 per box for three months storage. They are also happy to take delivery of most inventory - including shoes I'd imagine :)

I'm not affiliated with them in any way but they have been most helpful in the past. Their website is:

http://www.vineyards-direct.com

That's rather clever. Though you've still got to get it over the channel, clearly

C

Navcorr

Indeed, but without import duty + vat and additional shipping costs to the UK. We've found many Domaines offer free shipping within France if you spend a minimum. Typically around €150.

Edit: Found an old email - Adah Jones is the contact there. Very pleasant to deal with.

Last edited:

alfatwo

Carful of those peasant migrant's on the French side, there causing lots of trouble again..

I always use the tunnel nowadays, its a lot safer

Dave

Caldy999

Guess it's not gonna happen - off to Switzerland today and its hosing it down again.

MrMickS

Guess it's not gonna happen - off to Switzerland today and its hosing it down again.

Oh well. At least the roads will make up for the weather. Which way are you heading into Italy?

Have a fun drive. The Spyder looks the part.

Caldy999

Eibach progressive springs and a fair bit of winding down of collars, then FD ARB's.

Horrendous weather and traffic jams meant roof finally down after 590 miles at Thunersee. Now a few days in Lauterbrunnen before heading to Lake Maggiore.

Brimmed up at 564 miles having used 125 litres, so around 20.5 mpg. Cruising around 85-90 and an hour of stop-start jam, doesn't sound too bad. Mind, at €1.51 per litre.....

We drove down from Amsterdam and overnight in Mendig, 20 minutes from Nurburgring. Then down past Stuttgart, crossing border at Bern. Saw 'Supercars Rally' convoy fuelling st Shell border station - only the one Quattroporte amongst Ferrari and Porsche.

Rarest car so far - followed this guy off the ferry...

IMG_2437.jpg

View attachment 43943

Sorry it's sideways!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 76

Caldy999

Sorry, not the rarest any more.....

IMG_2465.jpg

A 4 wheeler, the 3 wheeler disappearing top of pic.

Last edited: