2 seat Stradale anyone - 67990

StuartW

I wonder why the 2 seat has a 3 scoop bonnet. It's extremely expensive and you'd have to be someway short of the full deck to pay that much for an extra air scoop. It would be enough to make me look elsewhere. Redline don't have the best reputation is it was on sale there. It smells off to me somehow.

The 2 seaters seem to be sitting mid 60s right now with the 4 seaters at 72+ so there is still a 10-15% difference. I think mine has gone down about 3-5k since I bought it which is not too bad. I'd be very happy with that throughout the lifetime of my ownership. Every car depreciates from the list price quickly and them settles down, it looks to me like that's been happening in the past 18 months or so and hence why I'd still say that the Stradale makes the best ownership proposition. The GTS, by contrast has recently dipped to £32+ which is now bargain territory. They where £40+ when I bought the Stradale.

The Romans car looks like great value however the mileage is getting into clutch territory for the Stradale. Matt and I were discussing this and it seems 20-25k miles for a Stradale and 35k miles (ish) for a GTS. It doesn't mention whether this has been done but I'd be wanting a £3k discount if it's not. Otherwise, looks like a nice one indeed and the seller is very well known too.

I was thinking the same about the bonnet - surely the original bonnet suffered some damage?
Agreed about the clutch, although mine would have had a harder life than most with a few of the journalists doing their 0-60 tests and it still lasted until 21k miles. I will be challenging myself to get 30k out of this one as I am the only one to have driven it on this clutch and I try not to be stupid with it too often

Andyk

That's been up a while used to be on at Redline if I am not mistaken . Lovely - that 2 seater and the black one both nice at similar prices.

Sensible side of me thinks I should have got a 4 seater strad. Just sublime looks.

I did however enjoy the run out today in the sun with the too down- and I got a child seat to fit perfectly which I am very happy about!

Can see myself in a strad in a couple of years telling the wife it's a 'compromise car'

Thought Redlines didn't have the bonnet scoop Iain.....Could be wrong but think it was a two seater with the proper 2 seater bonnet.

safrane

I see that the 70th celebrations limited edition in the US comes with the carbon Strad bonnet.

400 to be made... not so limited then.

azapa

A few 2 seaters have popped up with the scoop bonnet. I guess they are 95% crash repairs and 5% of deep pocketed owners going for the scoop look. I believe the scoop bonnet was first made by Novitec aftermarket goodies maker.

Chrisb2015

I saw that car in their showroom earlier today whilst buying another car from them. It was immaculate and very well presented. It will staying in the North from what the dealer said. For anyone looking at their stock and wondering what they are like to deal with I found them very honest and helpful. Definitely one of the better ones.

The Med Blu Strad that was at Baytree Cars has sold !!!

Andyk

Yes a very lucky owner as the colour doesn't come up often.......Strange but if I was having a two seater it would have to be white but on the 4 seater I'm not a fan of white and prefer the grey or black.....Weird...

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
The new owner will be on here; I've been speaking to him when he was unsure.

conaero

Forum Owner
Indeed, it's the best colour for a Stradale ;)

No its not :)

Dicky and I were chatting the other day and agreed that the floor for a sub 30k miler Strad is £60k

I am just going to get on and enjoy my car and not get wound up in values. If I were to loose £10k over 3 years of ownership I would be cool with that but feel it's unlikely to happen.

Stormbrew

The 4 seater at Romans is indeed fantastic.

I have driven past it for the past 3 months and lusted after it.

And since the price drop, I couldn't not resist any further so paid the deposit yesterday!!

Stormbrew

Thanks - but not quite a done deal so don't want to get too carried away.

It is getting a service first which will hopefully be fine but the purchase is conditional on the clutch and brakes wear being acceptable...

When do people normally get their clutch done in terms of wear %. Surely one does not wait until it is 5% left (being Scottish, I probably would try!!) But would you normally get it done at 20/30/40%?

CatmanV2

The general view on the CC cars is drive it until you start getting symptoms. The wear reading is more of an indication than a hard and fast rule. For me if it was >60% I'd be planning to spend that money in the next 12 months or so.

But that's a personal view

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I'd more or less agree with C. I had mine done at around 35% because it stopped working very well at around that point. Any wear over 50% and frankly you should negotiate a discount of at least £2k to cover the bulk of the new clutch and associated paraphernalia.

By the way, excellent choice! I was drooling over it yesterday. Well done.

Stormbrew

Thanks for the info - most helpful.

Trying not to get too carried away before it has its service just in case anything major is flagged or the clutch is too worn and I cant come to a sensible agreement with Romans. It was one of my main conditions of purchase. Despite being local, I have never dealt with them before but so far they have been very straight and fair.

My wife's main condition?...The white was peeling off the "R" reverse button and she wanted it replaced/repaired...

StuartW

Well done, it had to be snapped up at that price. The 1 & R buttons are a weak point & are easily scratched but can be easily replaced too.
There's been lots written about Stradale clutch wear on here recently and I would say that the Romans clutch will need to be changed soon - mine was changed at 21k and Matt's is being done soon, also on 20k so bear that in mind but I still think that's an excellent price - good luck

outrun

I changed the 1 and R button unit, I know Ho Yin has also. Did it myself, the part was about £150 from Graypaul although we do get a discount from Meridien if you quote the forum. It took about an hour max, there are lots of hidden trim clips and screws, take your time. If it has a carbon unit, the price is much much more, like £800 or something silly. I have a leather one and that suits me fine !!

Great looking car, hope it all goes well.

I reckon at that mileage, you want a new clutch. It's not that expensive or that difficult but for piece of mind and maximum enjoyment, I'd be doing it. The wear indication is not great and shouldn't be relied on.

Stormbrew

Romans did agree to her condition and is getting replaced when in for a service (probably re tippexed...) when in for a service.
So one half is happy. Now for my turn.

Agree re clutch wear - I am most nervous about it given it is a c.£4k bill which would take it away from being good value if I had to fork out another £4k within 12 months!!