Be57 gts

Heavenly

Hey guys.
Well after about 6 months I finally took the plunge.
I was very specific in what I wanted from a Granturismo being one owner, low miles in white and lots of carbon was my first priority.
Luckily for me Rags car was mentioned for sale so after viewing I knew it was the one for me.
A thorough gent from start to finish and after negotiation which was over in about 5 seconds I was handed the keys.
The car to be fair was in very good condition.
For someone that only looks for flaws in vehicles it was the best condition in daylight I've seen with no damage to the exterior and only 1 chip on the lower spoiler at the front.
For me the biggest headache was having the Tracker system enabled and tonight after receiving my insurance certificate after I put my private plate on realised the MC Stradale on the insurance certificate meant they had insured the wrong vehicle even though they had the plate.
Im now in a battle with insurance as they tell me it doesnt need a tracker after Thatcham classed it as Sport Coupe after paying out £305 for the yearly subscription I am now awaiting a verdict for compensation. They have lowered my yearly premium from £502 to £424 with 10,000 miles so its a start.
The car has been on a friends ramp for 2 weeks while I've stripped it down. Ive not had enough time to do a thorough full correction on it so I've done the best I can with the time I've had and then ceramic coated it then a layer of my own Wax, Celeste Dettaglio by Chemical GuysUSA for the final wetness white needs..
The wheels have been stripped and done in Gloss Black with a couple of layers of CeramiClearcoat by my good friend Tom who does all Marnello's wheels for them and then glass coated also, callipers have also been coated.

Some defects visible under my lighting but normal for the age.

Swirls and some sanding marks on the roof and carbon swirled but have corrected all this..

Very pleased with the car and hoping to meet some forum members over time. I've got the car booked in with Maserati for some additional interior Carbon so will update when its arrived and fitted.

Loving the forum and knowledge shared on here and gave me a great start to Maserati life..

E96E9B73-7E72-4823-8915-87A5F3B72960_zpsfopbof6p.png

07A92117-B8A6-40BD-B028-B3045407180F_zpsnjl3yqva.jpg

FD5552BC-B3E0-4EA0-BCB1-CB37E6360D07_zpsjyefii6s.jpg

Some finished shots.

07EA5A34-D9E1-46BF-9748-E17BFC82C5FF_zpsi1dkearf.jpg

5F1BDDDE-5392-4698-86AB-5E5CA1412190_zpsrimgdotn.jpg

DD628EDF-89ED-4E20-B554-8903F31D1EB2_zpsim5xkecv.jpg

529907F5-01B6-46D1-BC28-473526020AD5_zpsiwtczabv.jpg

5A92FC9D-2353-4EB9-9E2C-C15AF2062B10_zps7mfytszu.jpg

E81EEF62-0553-42AC-A0EF-EF4BB2A4469F_zpsh7ov7ki3.jpg

8CFB7559-9CB5-4DDD-9A44-BBEEDD55F394_zpsuqq73dhf.jpg

5B39CC94-6784-4438-A5DE-DE894CF089F3_zpsh4ogeon0.jpg

A4E9AA92-B8A5-4782-AB95-7D6CBA57E163_zpswjn14iud.jpg

StuartW

Congratulations - it looks better than new, I'd be scared to drive it!

Be interesting to see what additional carbon you are having fitted so look forward to your updates

iainw

Looks fantastic! Love the colour combo - really highlights the carbon bits on a white car.
I was looking at mine today and thinking I would really like it detailed - and some form of protection put on it.
Can anyone recommend someone with a good eye, reasonable price and within 120 miles of South Wales!

Andyk

Great car you have there which looks like will be well looked in your care as it was with Rags.

Andyk

Looks fantastic! Love the colour combo - really highlights the carbon bits on a white car.
I was looking at mine today and thinking I would really like it detailed - and some form of protection put on it.
Can anyone recommend someone with a good eye, reasonable price and within 120 miles of South Wales!

Iain, Ti22 in Chepstow have a great reputation and can do what you want. Chris Harris sang their praises and also I have a friend who uses them every two months and his car is better than showroom. They used to be in Newport but move to Chepstow so website still has Newport on but the Facebook page has the Chepstow address....Not used them myself but worth a call as they seem good price wise.

https://www.facebook.com/Ti22VehicleServices/?ref=page_internal&hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

iainw

Iain, Ti22 in Chepstow have a great reputation and can do what you want. Chris Harris sang their praises and also I have a friend who uses them every two months and his car is better than showroom. They used to be in Newport but move to Chepstow so website still has Newport on but the Facebook page has the Chepstow address....Not used them myself but worth a call as they seem good price wise.

https://www.facebook.com/Ti22VehicleServices/?ref=page_internal&hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Brilliant thanks Andy. Blimey
Every 2 months would
Be v expensive!

Evo Cymru

That's interesting Andy - do you know if they do paint/dents/chips repair too?

Olly

Ewan

Via F-Tech in Exeter you could use Simon Belli of Prestige Detailing. He'll travel to you if you can't get to Exeter. He's booked to do my GTS and MCV in a couple of weeks time.

iainw

That sounds great. Would be fasntatic if he could travel- would save time/ money/ miles and petrol...
Chepstow quoted 350. What would he do it for do you think?
It's small than a GTs :)

azapa

That looks wonderful, hearty congratulations. I have the same colour, Blanco Eldorado, and never have managed to get that wet shine that yours shows in the pictures. I too have some small swirls, but excessive detailing goes both with and against my OCD, as detailers here probably remove too much top coat... I have been told that most Italian exotics have **** paint, that is, looks nice but is soft.

Did you have the car polished before applying your wax? When you refer to "your wax" are you talking about the Celeste Dettaglio by Chemical GuysUSA?

lovely car again! huge congratulations

Heavenly

That looks wonderful, hearty congratulations. I have the same colour, Blanco Eldorado, and never have managed to get that wet shine that yours shows in the pictures. I too have some small swirls, but excessive detailing goes both with and against my OCD, as detailers here probably remove too much top coat... I have been told that most Italian exotics have **** paint, that is, looks nice but is soft.

Did you have the car polished before applying your wax? When you refer to "your wax" are you talking about the Celeste Dettaglio by Chemical GuysUSA?

lovely car again! huge congratulations

Hey yes I spent a small time machine polishing it and then jeweling the surface before coating it. The paint is ok but Maserarti are very inconsistent on their spray techniques and readings are from 140-190usm across different panels. To get wetness on white you need a wax, its what it does and with a high carnauba content you get a great wetness compared to reflection with a sealant.

Celeste Dettaglio I spent months working on with ChemicalGuys back and forth with samples and testing and adding input until I was happy with it and what it did.

The images of the dodgy geezer with streaked hair on the Bugatti Veyron and my own Green RS are actually me :)

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Chemical_Guys_Celeste_dettaglio_Wax_p/celeste.htm

Andyk

No prices on the website. Why is that the trend nowadays?

Give them a ring buddy I don't think they are as expensive as some from what I've heard but the have a great reputation. They do that paint protection film as well....

Heavenly

Just to add James at Ti22 is a personal friend and a very good professional detailer if your in that part of the country. The reason people don't have pricing is the same reason you can't price decorating a house. It all depends on the condition of car, age, colour and paint that's being detailed and the level you want to go to.

JonW

Just to add James at Ti22 is a personal friend and a very good professional detailer if your in that part of the country. The reason people don't have pricing is the same reason you can't price decorating a house. It all depends on the condition of car, age, colour and paint that's being detailed and the level you want to go to.

Marc - do you have anybody you would recommend in Surrey? I need someone who is experienced with paint protection film, as my car is half covered in it, and I'm trying to decide whether to remove the PPF and get it properly detailed, or whether to apply wax/polish over the top of the film...

Andyk

There you go Iain another recommendation...Give Jsmes a call .....