First Maserati

Craighb

Hi Guys, picked up my new motor last Saturday, and was really impressed with how well it drives both in town and out in the sticks. The sound in Sport mode even surpasses a TVR, and thats saying a lot!
Drove it up to Snetterton to support a couple of mates who were racing Time Attack and they were both impressed with the speed and handling. Even the wife likes it.......and that's a first.

Oh, and does anyone know the easiest way to get into the high level brake light. The flies seem to be able to get in (but not out, unfortunately) but I can't........it's really doing my OCD in not to be able to get to them
IMG_0274.jpg
IMG_0276.jpg

Andyk

A big warm welcome Craig....lovely GTS you have there. You sound like you are enjoying her.

StuartW

Welcome along Craig, I hope you go on enjoying your car. Sorry I can't help with the light issue - I have seen them in other brake light enclosures too and I can imagine that would be annoying but hopefully someone on here will be along to help you out

allandwf

It seems to be a trait of all models flies in the brake light. I'm thinking mine will be a bit like a Jurrasic Park dna source in a few years time!

Assetto 52

You only really have to empty the brake light when the smell of frying fly's gets to much!

Contigo

Sponsor
Roof lining out more than likely! I'd need to check for sure.

Well done on getting a great car mate!

namaste

I've got a dead spider in mine! Thats Granito right? Mines Granito, looks near silver in some pics and almost black in others.

namaste

Don't know what you guys are talking about, the colour of the car is Granito.

The spider's called Jeff!

IMG_20170610_173203.jpg

;)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
When I bought mine it had a dead fly called Darwin stuck in the light enclosure. I asked the dealer to remove him. Initially they said it's impossible, which is clearly not true because they did. Presumably, however one gets in to replace the bulb is more or less the same route to removing stupid dead animals.

PS - a very warm welcome to the Dead Animaml Appreciation Society. Lovely car, whatever colour it is.

Craighb

Thanks for the welcome guy's!!
It's not the braking that collects them, it's the acceleration that gets them in there! Braking hard might get them out tho.

Another question that's most likely come up before, but I can't find a thread is does the Sat Nav have a postcode search? If not on early versions then do the later updates have it?