General Election

bigbob

Me too Adam. I priced myself out of the last job opportunity there. Might re negotiate - take me please!
Although politics there is interesting to say the least :0

Most surgeons who go to these places tend to go once their pensions are fully funded vis a vis the pension cap as that's when the total remuneration in the UK is unattractive, unless you are drowning in merit awards? Nice way to top up the pot in your fifties?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Surely with so many bets placed you will lose money if it's any of the first three options!

I thought I might have been over-hedging. As it turns out I was just throwing my money away.
But it will be fine if Italy beat Scotland tomorrow.

outrun

Well done to the team at Strathclyde Uni, for whom I work as a Commercial Champion, with their exit poll. The most accurate one I've ever seen from memory.

Well done to Theresa May for being so incredibly arrogant and out of touch with huge sections of the electorate that you actually lost a majority 3 years before you had to.

Well done to Ruth Davidson for nearly saving Theresa and for doing a grand job putting wee Nicola in her pace.

Well done in the same vein to Kezia Dugdale for having no support from Corbyn and still doing a decent job of taking back some yellow voters.

Well done to Jeremy Corbyn, although you are clearly too far left for many, and possibly a terrorist sympathiser, you have certainly understood how to bring left wing politics into relevance. It would be terrible if you were to become PM but you can take the credit for rejuvenating Labour after the party chose the wrong Miliband and set itself on 7 years of decline. I suspect this will lead to a more centre, Blairite, Labour PM in the future.

Well done to Vince Cable and Jo Swinson, coming back from the edge of the abyss. I'd like to see a strong LibDem revival and perhaps the loss of Clegg will be a catalyst to this.

Well done to Mhairi Black, I hate the SNP with a passion but you are clearly a smart, well liked and talented individual. Sock it to the man.

Well done to Alec Salmond. Nuff said. Wan$ker.

Well done to Wales, realising that Labour voting will do more for your country than Plaid Cymru will ever do.

Well done to UKIP. Now F off you racist t&ats.

Well done to the BBC, you were biased as usual and yet I still love the swing-o-meter.

Well done David Cameron, you started this by resigning after winning a 2nd term and leaving us with a posh woman without the personality required to be liked. You probably watched this from a holiday home somewhere exotic with a William Hill slip in one hand and a pina colada in the other.

Well done to Northern Ireland for remaining divided and predictable still.

Well done to the Greens for a poor campaign and losses. Perhaps as the world moves towards the left with electricity production from renewable sources, singular US states signing the Paris Agreement and ignoring their destructive, arrogant President and a general belief in managing our planet, you will become as irrelevant as UKIP.

Let the games begin.

allandwf

Can't see any positive from the results this morning - the uncertain future and speculation will make
it worse and the infighting we will see in the Conservative party will just add to the turmoil.
And the pound has plummeted, so no winners there either

Agree no positives really. Pound dropped, but I wouldn't say "plummeted". It needs to swing so people can make money out of thin air! ;)

safrane

As one who now refuses to endorse any current politician and no longer votes (following the expenses debacle and cover up)... the resuts clearly show why our political system remains broken.

So four yeqrs af arguments and no direction or change and an even worse deal for the EU Exit.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Well done to the team at Strathclyde Uni, for whom I work as a Commercial Champion, with their exit poll. The most accurate one I've ever seen from memory.

Well done to Theresa May for being so incredibly arrogant and out of touch with huge sections of the electorate that you actually lost a majority 3 years before you had to.

Well done to Ruth Davidson for nearly saving Theresa and for doing a grand job putting wee Nicola in her pace.

Well done in the same vein to Kezia Dugdale for having no support from Corbyn and still doing a decent job of taking back some yellow voters.

Well done to Jeremy Corbyn, although you are clearly too far left for many, and possibly a terrorist sympathiser, you have certainly understood how to bring left wing politics into relevance. It would be terrible if you were to become PM but you can take the credit for rejuvenating Labour after the party chose the wrong Miliband and set itself on 7 years of decline. I suspect this will lead to a more centre, Blairite, Labour PM in the future.

Well done to Vince Cable and Jo Swinson, coming back from the edge of the abyss. I'd like to see a strong LibDem revival and perhaps the loss of Clegg will be a catalyst to this.

Well done to Mhairi Black, I hate the SNP with a passion but you are clearly a smart, well liked and talented individual. Sock it to the man.

Well done to Wales, realising that Labour voting will do more for your country than Plaid Cymru will ever do.

Well done to the BBC, you were biased as usual and yet I still love the swing-o-meter.

Well done David Cameron, you started this by resigning after winning a 2nd term and leaving us with a posh woman without the personality required to be liked. You probably watched this from a holiday home somewhere exotic with a William Hill slip in one hand and a pina colada in the other.

Well done to the Greens for a poor campaign and losses. Perhaps as the world moves towards the left with electricity production from renewable sources, singular US states signing the Paris Agreement and ignoring their destructive, arrogant President and a general belief in managing our planet, you will become as irrelevant as UKIP.

Let the games begin.

Top assessment! Thanks for that, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the pina colada bit.

P5Nij

Let the games begin.

Agree on many points, a good assessment there, but on Corbyn's terrorist sympathies and connections there's no 'possibly' about it, it's all a matter of public record, which many seem happy to ignore. For him to continually side step the issue and for other's to blatantly ignore it seems wrong to me. As a mostly lifelong Labour man and a member of a trade union it pains me to say this, but the prospect of a left wing government which is prepared to drag the entire country even further to the left once in power frankly scares the **** out of me. It's strange how McDonnell has been kept out of the limelight during most of Labour's campaign and I'm left wondering why. Fair play to Corbyn's team for managing to build up the pressure in the final weeks though, May's mob should have done much more to counter this.

Funny old world ain't it.

greeny12

No doubt we will have to go through all of this bo11ocks again in September.

Joy!

Do you reckon I've got time to form a new party for this?

I only need one policy: a promise that if elected I'll have people in every town standing on street corners giving away free fivers to anyone who wants them.

Mind you, no doubt Corbyn will respond by upping the ante to a tenner...

Wack61

I only need one policy: a promise that if elected I'll have people in every town standing on street corners giving away free fivers to anyone who wants them.

He upped the ante to £9000 a year for every kid on his way to uni this year plus all the kids under that age who's parents don't want to see them in 40K debt, I think that's where a number of labour votes came from

GeoffCapes

He upped the ante to £9000 a year for every kid on his way to uni this year plus all the kids under that age who's parents don't want to see them in 40K debt, I think that's where a number of labour votes came from

You forget also benefits re-instated for those under 21.

outrun

Agree on many points, a good assessment there, but on Corbyn's terrorist sympathies and connections there's no 'possibly' about it, it's all a matter of public record, which many seem happy to ignore. For him to continually side step the issue and for other's to blatantly ignore it seems wrong to me. As a mostly lifelong Labour man and a member of a trade union it pains me to say this, but the prospect of a left wing government which is prepared to drag the entire country even further to the left once in power frankly scares the **** out of me. It's strange how McDonnell has been kept out of the limelight during most of Labour's campaign and I'm left wondering why. Fair play to Corbyn's team for managing to build up the pressure in the final weeks though, May's mob should have done much more to counter this.

Funny old world ain't it.

I completely agree but being so direct wasn't in keeping with my off the cuff response! I could never vote for him because he is clearly so left that he is bigoted. I have no place for that in my world and there should be no case for it in anyone's world. he proved it with his terrible handling of the various allegations of antisemitism over the past couple of years and with his failure, as you mention, to directly tackle the history books on his attendance at various events. It's odd that the far left can't see that it's just as racist as the far right, only with differing justifications for it. I will never vote for Labour while there remains a chance of him being PM or a senior cabinet minister. Hence why I hope to see a move to a more centre left Labour that deals with the radicals properly and still puts the needs of those less fortunate to the forefront of party politics. I'll still vote LibDem though if they have a decent bunch and good policies !! :)

hoyin

I voted Lib Dem as their polices were the ones I could relate to.

Surely the positive from all this is we won't have a hard Brexit!!

I obviously voted remain. So to me this is a positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

He'll fund it by taxing everyone fifteen quid.