General Election

conaero

Forum Owner
So exit poll is saying hung parliament with cons on 314, Lab 266, rest 50

Do we believe it or it will be wildly wrong as per usual?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Depends if it's on BBC or not ;)

It was a multi-channel exit poll.

exit poll.jpg

I hope it's wrong - I have various bets on a much bigger Tory seat count than that.
- Conservative Seats 350-374 at 9/4
- Conservative Seats 360-389 at 11/8
- Conservative Seats 375-399 at 5/2
- Liberal Democrat Seats 20-29 at 14/1
All looking pretty bad. Last election I got it right at 9/1. Grrr.

Contigo

Sponsor
Exit Poll about as accurate as a Maserati SD2/3 Diagnosi clutch wear reading!!!!!

Cons will take it

BTW the C4 Alternative coverage is EPIC!!!!

Andyk

Why is it when I look at Corbyn it makes me think we would have all been riding bicycles, dressing like Geography teachers, drinking real ale with sticks in, growing vegetables and touching up choir boys inappropriately on a Sunday morning. Sorry just can't take any of these parties seriously ..... As Phil said you are voting for the best of a bad bunch. Suppose nothing has changed over the years. My one and only political post on the forum....Right back to cars....

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I blame Russia. An economically and militarily weaker UK is helpful to an increasingly imperialist Russia with its eye on the Baltics and other former Soviet states.

D Walker

As someone who wanted to stay in Euro I wonder if this is the result she wanted actually. Just saying like!!!

CatmanV2

I blame Russia. An economically and militarily weaker UK is helpful to an increasingly imperialist Russia with its eye on the Baltics and other former Soviet states.

Some of the evidence around social media is, to me at least, making elections being free far and far less likely.

C

rossyl

Exit Poll about as accurate as a Maserati SD2/3 Diagnosi clutch wear reading!!!!!

Cons will take it

BTW the C4 Alternative coverage is EPIC!!!!

Depends if it's on BBC or not ;)

So exit poll is saying hung parliament with cons on 314, Lab 266, rest 50

Do we believe it or it will be wildly wrong as per usual?

Exit Poll was done by a team at Strathclyde University, using collated data and their own algorithm. They absolutely nailed it. Good job.

rockits

What a mess. When is there ever going to be any decent politicians or parties I can trust or relate to?! It is all foreign to me & I don't understand any of it or any of them. They couldn't run a p1ss up in a brewery the lot of them. These are our very best educated political minds from the best schools of academia. Very poor.

We have the cheek to laugh at the US & Trump. I really don't think we are that much better are we? If we carry on like this we will need to be downgraded to Britain as the Great is lacking for me at the moment...well in politics anyway. We have so much greatness in so many other areas in that we are strong.

Is this truly the best we can do?

Scaf

Can't see any positive from the results this morning - the uncertain future and speculation will make
it worse and the infighting we will see in the Conservative party will just add to the turmoil.
And the pound has plummeted, so no winners there either

greeny12

Quite ironic that amid all the talk this year of naked, unfettered populism in European elections the closest any of 'em has come to power is Komrade Korbyn in dear old Blighty...

Wack61

That result is a surprise , I bet there's a lot of people in the labour party thinking we would have won that with a different leader

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Giving serious thought to moving to a quasi-dictatorship, because all this 'strong and stable' horse-**** is patently untrue. Singapore, Hong Kong or Dubai are all far more attractive in many ways.

iainw

It was a multi-channel exit poll.

View attachment 43966

I hope it's wrong - I have various bets on a much bigger Tory seat count than that.
- Conservative Seats 350-374 at 9/4
- Conservative Seats 360-389 at 11/8
- Conservative Seats 375-399 at 5/2
- Liberal Democrat Seats 20-29 at 14/1
All looking pretty bad. Last election I got it right at 9/1. Grrr.

Surely with so many bets placed you will lose money if it's any of the first three options!

iainw

Giving serious thought to moving to a quasi-dictatorship, because all this 'strong and stable' horse-**** is patently untrue. Singapore, Hong Kong or Dubai are all far more attractive in many ways.

Me too Adam. I priced myself out of the last job opportunity there. Might re negotiate - take me please!
Although politics there is interesting to say the least :0