buying OEM parts from OS

foibles

Do any Australian forum members have experience in sourcing OEM 4200 or GS service parts from overseas?

I am thinking of buying most of the service items I require (which also allows me to be pretty specific in terms of what parts are fitted – such as NGK spark plugs, hills engineering thrust bearing, etc) – and would like to know if any of you have either;

• Recommendations of specific parts
• Leads on where to source those parts from

Also – if anyone is interested in some form of ‘group buy' I am happy to put my 5c in. As I have 2 x GS, I'd be happy enough to buy service items for this time and the next (hence 4 of everything) – and even 2 sets of clutch parts (after all, they do not seem to last that long….and predicting their life expectancy seems to be more black art than science).

safrane

The forum has previously used Meridian Modena in Lyndhurst UK where we have a discount. However unless you group buy the postage does add up.

Talk to Ross in their parts dept.

foibles

The forum has previously used Meridian Modena in Lyndhurst UK where we have a discount. However unless you group buy the postage does add up.

Talk to Ross in their parts dept.
Thank you very much. I'll touch base with ross as youve suggested.

adam01

Eurosoares

In OZ we have organised group buys

Drop me a pm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

safrane

Don't discount the Main Dealers in the UK.

When arranging the last group buy for GS switches ES would only sell the whole consoll at over £400; Ross sold us just the switches for just £25.

BL330

Hi Foibles, yes I buy parts from ES as needed. Also consider Superformance for the parts they do carry.
Apparently the pound has taken a dive so good time to order. Something about a shock election result.
Re clutches, speak to Alvin in Melbourne about fitting the F430 clutch vs F360 ours comes with.
Also for modifications, Formula Dynamic in Las Vegas have sales every Christmas and sometimes June ( summer )

Fair2

Don't discount the Main Dealers in the UK.

When arranging the last group buy for GS switches ES would only sell the whole consoll at over £400; Ross sold us just the switches for just £25.

The switches was a good deal. I am still thankful Peter in helping me out.
Robert:luvit: