Outgoing - MC Stradale

w5pwr

So after almost 12 months of ownership it was time to move on, as I said before there is so many good cars out there and life is all too short...

I came from a Porsche 991 GT3 Club Sport to the Stradale and although it was an occasion every time I drove it I missed the cross country ability of the 911.

I had Been looking a round for a while, originally I was going to go for either a 991.1 Turbo S or 991.2 Turbo, but rather stupidly I had a test drive of a 991.2 Turbo S and there was no turning back........

The 991.1 Turbo S was a great drive but the .2 just improves so many little details and to me felt a more composed ride? Not sure I have driven anything that comes close to it in terms of sheer pace and ability to get the power down, gaps just appear in your rear view mirror without trying.....

I do love the Maserati brand, hopefully they will bring out something in the future that will take over from the GranTurismo range.........

IMG_3517.jpgIMG_3515.jpgIMG_3513.jpgIMG_3532.jpg

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Apart from a GT3 that's just about the only Porsche I would go for.

StuartW

Congratulations David, that really is a bit special and photographed in your favourite spot too I see! Enjoy and hopefully you'll be back in the future

outrun

Enjoy, I can understand why you'd do that for sure . I've had 4 911 turbos and loved them all however found the novelty of the sheer speed wore off quite quickly. Sounds mad but they are just so so good and so so fast that I didn't feel the driving experience was at all involving. I have not driven the 991 version but I suspect it's similar. I hope I'm wrong!

Fingers crossed Maserati make something to tempt you back soon, I have the same issue so the stradale will stick around for a while as I watch patiently for the Alfieri....very patiently !

iainw

I would agree. Although phenomenally engineered , lovely looking and at the top of the game in almost every sphere- I can't get excited by them. It ******* me off that I can't because in many ways they are the sensible choice.
I took a 911 Turbo out for a test drive and it seemed too refined. Which is insane for a sub 3 sec 0-60 car.
The strad looks so much better IMO - but the Porsche is lovely looking. It boils down to most of us always wanting what we don't have and wanting to test out lots of cars. Why can't 5-6 guys club together and get a 911 Turbo S, 458 Spider, Stradale , Ferrari FF and an Aston Martin Vanquish. Then just rotate weekly

Contigo

Sponsor
Whilst I really respect the Porsche 911 range and think they are a real drivers car they in my opinion lack any real soul. Yes as you say they are rapid on a different level from the Strad and the Turbo range are "safe" thanks to the AWD but I reckon you will miss the theatre of your Strad.

Enjoy it mate and I pray to will be back into a Trident soon as you are a great ambassador for the brand.

Contigo

Sponsor
I would agree. Although phenomenally engineered , lovely looking and at the top of the game in almost every sphere- I can't get excited by them. It ******* me off that I can't because in many ways they are the sensible choice.
I took a 911 Turbo out for a test drive and it seemed too refined. Which is insane for a sub 3 sec 0-60 car.
The strad looks so much better IMO - but the Porsche is lovely looking. It boils down to most of us always wanting what we don't have and wanting to test out lots of cars. Why can't 5-6 guys club together and get a 911 Turbo S, 458 Spider, Stradale , Ferrari FF and an Aston Martin Vanquish. Then just rotate weekly

Lol! Pretty much same feeling as me. Still I drove a Vanquish S the other day and whilst amazing it still didn't excite me like the GRS does. It would take a 458 or something similar to get me out of the brand now. Porkers are too common and ordinary for me now.

iainw

Agreed ++
TBH the main thing stopping me getting a 458 is my wife and family getting evidence I am completely selfish and not even pretending it's something to share with them :/ plus- I still can't imagine taking it to the shops!
I still miss the crazy sounds of the GTs during gear changes and acceleration.
Hence my search for exhaust mods- can you give pickles a poke please Phil? I need to find out how the Cali he drove in was modified exhaust wise. As soon as maserati come up with an Alfieri which is as fast as the V8 Ferraris at least-count me back in. And please make it as nice looking as the strad!

Andyk

David well done on your purchase...That cars performed is in a totally different league to your Stradale....completely emmense. Not much in the real world to touch it. Hope you enjoy her which I'm sure you will. Ignore the...it hasn't got passion, it's not exciting as an Italian car as if you heart doesn't beat faster when you plate you foot on that eccelerator a feel that violent shove then you ain't got petrol in your veins......Great car David.

safrane

Great looking car...and I too recognise just how good they are in almost every way.

I am 'stuck' with the brand after 10 years...Think its got under my skin now.

w5pwr

Parked next to one yesterday. Very very nice.

I'd have one!

Thanks

That is properly gorgeous...

Thanks Jon

Apart from a GT3 that's just about the only Porsche I would go for.

Both great cars.....

Congratulations David, that really is a bit special and photographed in your favourite spot too I see! Enjoy and hopefully you'll be back in the future

Well spotted and I am sure I will be.

Enjoy, I can understand why you'd do that for sure . I've had 4 911 turbos and loved them all however found the novelty of the sheer speed wore off quite quickly. Sounds mad but they are just so so good and so so fast that I didn't feel the driving experience was at all involving. I have not driven the 991 version but I suspect it's similar. I hope I'm wrong!

Fingers crossed Maserati make something to tempt you back soon, I have the same issue so the stradale will stick around for a while as I watch patiently for the Alfieri....very patiently !

Can't disagree, but for now its a great place to be....

You can't beat the looks of the Stradale it certainly stands out from the crowd. Car club sounds a great idea........

Whilst I really respect the Porsche 911 range and think they are a real drivers car they in my opinion lack any real soul. Yes as you say they are rapid on a different level from the Strad and the Turbo range are "safe" thanks to the AWD but I reckon you will miss the theatre of your Strad.

Enjoy it mate and I pray to will be back into a Trident soon as you are a great ambassador for the brand.

I loved the theatre of the Maserati and love the brand, just hope they get the balance right between volume and keeping it's prestige..

David well done on your purchase...That cars performed is in a totally different league to your Stradale....completely emmense. Not much in the real world to touch it. Hope you enjoy her which I'm sure you will. Ignore the...it hasn't got passion, it's not exciting as an Italian car as if you heart doesn't beat faster when you plate you foot on that eccelerator a feel that violent shove then you ain't got petrol in your veins......Great car David.

Thanks Andy.

Great looking car...and I too recognise just how good they are in almost every way.

I am 'stuck' with the brand after 10 years...Think its got under my skin now.

Thanks, i know what you mean......

rockits

I'd agree with most here. The 911 is a fantastic car & went for a spin in a friend's 997 911 Carerra 4 GTS or similar a year or so back. It was phenomally fast & very capable but a little 2D for me. It did seem to be missing that something you can't quite put your finger on that Maserati's & I believe many Ferrari's have in spades. The 911 is a better more capable car for sure at 8/10's+ but that was not my requirement.

bigbob

The message to Maserati here is clear. More and more people are moving on as you can't be bothered to produce a replacement for the GranTurismo.

I think I've got more patience than most but I've put 40k+ miles on my GranTurismo in nearly six years and wouldn't mind another Maser Coupe but.....

Contigo

Sponsor
Agreed ++
TBH the main thing stopping me getting a 458 is my wife and family getting evidence I am completely selfish and not even pretending it's something to share with them :/ plus- I still can't imagine taking it to the shops!
I still miss the crazy sounds of the GTs during gear changes and acceleration.
Hence my search for exhaust mods- can you give pickles a poke please Phil? I need to find out how the Cali he drove in was modified exhaust wise. As soon as maserati come up with an Alfieri which is as fast as the V8 Ferraris at least-count me back in. And please make it as nice looking as the strad!

Hi mate, yes that was a Larini Sports Cat system , I can ping him if you want and ask him to get you the owners details?

Contigo

Sponsor
The message to Maserati here is clear. More and more people are moving on as you can't be bothered to produce a replacement for the GranTurismo.

I think I've got more patience than most but I've put 40k+ miles on my GranTurismo in nearly six years and wouldn't mind another Maser Coupe but.....

This! Get you fingers out of your arses Maserati and sort out a flagship GT/Sports/Coupe model which will make our nut sacks tingle!!!!!

The GTS /Strad as good as it is has now become dated compared to the current crop of competitors offerings. If Alfa can bring out some cracking cars then why can't you?

D Walker

This! Get you fingers out of your arses Maserati and sort out a flagship GT/Sports/Coupe model which will make our nut sacks tingle!!!!!

The GTS /Strad as good as it is has now become dated compared to the current crop of competitors offerings. If Alfa can bring out some cracking cars then why can't you?
You've newly convinced me to go elsewhere. Nearly!!!

Serkie

Congratulations pal, stunning motor with uber performance that we can only dream of under the Maserati marque.

Enjoy!