QP Autotrader review

Andyk

3 out of 5....You would expect a car in this class to be at least 4 out of 5...... Styling has grown on me over the years but I just cannot get on with the new style Lavante grill ..... it's just to harsh and ugly for a QP...Very Hannibal Lecter....But that's just me....

Corridore

3 out of 5....You would expect a car in this class to be at least 4 out of 5...... Styling has grown on me over the years but I just cannot get on with the new style Lavante grill ..... it's just to harsh and ugly for a QP...Very Hannibal Lecter....But that's just me....

I've got to agree with you on this, I really can't get past that front grill. Very dominating of front end. Really not nice.

bigbob

Yep but Maserati has form in this regard. It is very good at having pure, well designed cars (historically) and then ruining the front end with the 'face lift'. Think QPV and GranTurismo. The only one they did not cock up in this regard was the 4200 where the 2005MY refresh was great IMHO.

MrMickS

Nah. Maserati four-doors always get marked down because they aren't German. The ride is different, the steering is different, its just different. In a market dominated by the German cars with their Halfords stick on screens and multitude of menus to do things that you don't want, unless you have them then you are marked down. I'm glad Maserati haven't gone down the me too route and are sticking to what they think is the right thing to do.

I don't understand the 2/5 for ride and handling though. They say it handles well but give it 2 because its a little firm. The reason it handles well might be because its a little firm.

I quite like the grill. I bet its very imposing in the rear view mirror ;)

hoyin

Don't agree with the 2/5. I had one for a week and if you want a drivers car instead of wallowing around the firmness helps especially on the twisties.

Also the rubbish roads in the UK don't help compared to the rest of Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyk

Nah. Maserati four-doors always get marked down because they aren't German. The ride is different, the steering is different, its just different. In a market dominated by the German cars with their Halfords stick on screens and multitude of menus to do things that you don't want, unless you have them then you are marked down. I'm glad Maserati haven't gone down the me too route and are sticking to what they think is the right thing to do.

I don't understand the 2/5 for ride and handling though. They say it handles well but give it 2 because its a little firm. The reason it handles well might be because its a little firm.

I quite like the grill. I bet its very imposing in the rear view mirror ;)

Remember the review of the QP GTS in 4.2 and 4.7 form was much better. Sure they came out 4 out of 5 so t he question is has Maserati gone backwards or just aiming this car at a different audience....

StuartW

That new things far too big and heavy... The old 4.7 QP GTS is miles better!

Dave

It's true Dave, all of the new cars are so huge to accommodate the airbags and the rest of the gubbins. I was looking over a mark 1 Fiesta yesterday, a truly tiny, tiny car by today's standards.

rockits

Another vote for the original & earlier models being the best. The QP VI is certainly not one of my favourites. They got it right first time.

It does have its shortcomings for me but I forgive these all the time easily for the benefits that far outweigh the shortcomings.

Massa in Perth

I bought my 2006 QP5 because of its beauty. The 6 is aimed squarely at wealthy status conscious Chinese and i.m.o has become a vulgar shadow of its former self. Its lines have not grown on me at all. Shame for the purist but I guess they're selling more units.

StuartW

I don't mind the 6, it is of course much bigger but then all modern cars are, but with the 5 the stylists got it right and it just works much better for me

Ebenezer

I saw the new Panamera at Prescott earlier this year and it is better looking that the earlier version. The rear is seems more 911esq.
Eb