Aston driver looking for a new toy...

Paza3

Hi Guys,

Newbie here, I currently have a AMV8 a car I have really enjoyed and certainly pleased I've had a chance to own. However I've now got to the stage where am wanting to change direction and came up with a couple of alternatives. Initially I started looking at G's and F430's but the idea of paying that much for a 10-13 year old car did not sit well and the price rises makes me feel nervous so decided against it just in case of economic downturn. The I started looking at the Mazzers and really like the look of the MC Stradale. The price point looks attractive and feel the depreciation curve looks reasonable at this level, am lead to believe there a pretty limited product car, preference on the 2 seater original.

Am just at the stage is it worth 25-30k more than a stock MC? I guess am not sure how much better it is? Am certainly in love with that rear bumper! Owners experience would be great to hear :)

So I wanted to know whether anyone else had made the change from a Vantage to GT? The sense of occasion when driving the Aston is great and it certainly feels and sounds super. Its a car everyone has liked and its been a great company , maintenance averages around 2-2.5k PA since ownership which is acceptable. I've been fortune that my AMV8 is fitted with the latest V12S/V8s facelift and full carbon pack so really does looks more special than a stock one , so I think this element makes changing to anything difficult :/

Its only going to be a weekend car as I have two kids already and a 3rd on the way so not that fussed about a 4 seat option tbh, however after spending hours watching you tube videos and looking at lots of online threads I think the GT is the front runner i like a lot . I had also been looking at the AMG GTS however am pretty convinced its going to shred 25-30k in depreciation in the next 2 years or so then flatten out so going to seen how that pans out as a future adventure.

Any advice appreciated :) , looks a really active forum which is great to see the AM stuff just does not exist!

P.s The current steed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292136902809?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Andyk

A big warm welcome.....Two seater Stradale is the way to go if you are looking for a Maserati. The 4 seater is a great car but has some way to fall price wise and you don't get the lovely carbon bucket seats that you do in the two seater and these really gives a sense of occasion every time to drive the car. If you buy a two seater now they are around 65k up and they have probably done all their depreciation......They are going one way Price use i believe and that's up over the coming years.

Now that is one stunning Vantage....One of if not my favourite cars. That really has had a lot of money spent on her....Stunning .......

Paza3

Thanks Andyk , this is my thoughts it looks to be a relatively safe place to purchase, am based near Cirencester so might pop down Dick Lovett which is about 20 mins away to look at the White one they have. I wonder if I can get back to back drives with a standard MC and the Stradale? Am interested in seeing if the difference can be sensed.... whether its has that 997 CS to 997 GT3 feel difference in occasion. I know the gearbox is a bit gash on these (reviews suggest) but its all about how the car makes you "feel" and a special feel is really important hence why I think it might have to be the Stradale.

iainw

Hi Guys,

Newbie here, I currently have a AMV8 a car I have really enjoyed and certainly pleased I've had a chance to own. However I've now got to the stage where am wanting to change direction and came up with a couple of alternatives. Initially I started looking at G's and F430's but the idea of paying that much for a 10-13 year old car did not sit well and the price rises makes me feel nervous so decided against it just in case of economic downturn. The I started looking at the Mazzers and really like the look of the MC Stradale. The price point looks attractive and feel the depreciation curve looks reasonable at this level, am lead to believe there a pretty limited product car, preference on the 2 seater original.

Am just at the stage is it worth 25-30k more than a stock MC? I guess am not sure how much better it is? Am certainly in love with that rear bumper! Owners experience would be great to hear :)

So I wanted to know whether anyone else had made the change from a Vantage to GT? The sense of occasion when driving the Aston is great and it certainly feels and sounds super. Its a car everyone has liked and its been a great company , maintenance averages around 2-2.5k PA since ownership which is acceptable. I've been fortune that my AMV8 is fitted with the latest V12S/V8s facelift and full carbon pack so really does looks more special than a stock one , so I think this element makes changing to anything difficult :/

Its only going to be a weekend car as I have two kids already and a 3rd on the way so not that fussed about a 4 seat option tbh, however after spending hours watching you tube videos and looking at lots of online threads I think the GT is the front runner i like a lot . I had also been looking at the AMG GTS however am pretty convinced its going to shred 25-30k in depreciation in the next 2 years or so then flatten out so going to seen how that pans out as a future adventure.

Any advice appreciated :) , looks a really active forum which is great to see the AM stuff just does not exist!

P.s The current steed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292136902809?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The best car advert I have ever seen that's for sure.
Really like how it looks now- makes me feel better about how much I spend on modifications now!
Did you out all that on yourself? If it was a drop top I would have bought that instead of my current one just for VFM. Certianly looks the business!
That's huge expenditure . Did you do it step by step?

montravia

Thanks Andyk , this is my thoughts it looks to be a relatively safe place to purchase, am based near Cirencester so might pop down Dick Lovett which is about 20 mins away to look at the White one they have. I wonder if I can get back to back drives with a standard MC and the Stradale? Am interested in seeing if the difference can be sensed.... whether its has that 997 CS to 997 GT3 feel difference in occasion. I know the gearbox is a bit gash on these (reviews suggest) but its all about how the car makes you "feel" and a special feel is really important hence why I think it might have to be the Stradale.

Welcome. Also near Cirencester. Uncle Dick in Swindon looks after mine. Pleased with them so far, they seem fair for a main dealer

hashluck

First of all congratulations on a great advert. A lesson to us all (and especially to dealers) on how to present a car.

I owned a Vantage V8S and I am now in a Vanquish. Both times I came very close to owning a Maserati Stradale instead. I had my own reasons both times for my decision but they were not car related.

You cannot go wrong with the Maserati in my opinion. You will always be smiling except when it comes to the servicing cost compared to the Aston which will be higher but as long as you budget for it as you have the Aston in the past you will be fine.

Also you cannot go wrong with Dick Lovett in Swindon for the buying experience. They should be able to put you in an MC-Shift and a Stradale to compare. You will likely want the Stradale of course but it is a non-linear scale of 'value' but I also think it will depreciate less. The gearbox is anything but gash by the way. Just drive the car as you would a manual. Same as with the Aston Sportshift which is also great an unfairly maligned by the idiot press. MC-Shift and Sportshift are both great fun.

I still have the Maserati itch to scratch and have decided I will have to do it by owning an Aston and Maserati at the same time!

Contigo

Sponsor
Welcome Patrick!

Nice ad by the way for a stunning motor. I don't have time to read every word but I've spent a few minutes looking over it and it looks excellent. Surely any buyer won't have any questions after that much detail has been provided? :D

I have a GTS and have owned for a year now and it is my 6th Trident. Absolutely love it, just had some sports cats fitted and the sound is now on another level! Absolutely stunning looks too, as you say you have had a look at videos so might have stumbled upon my review with Pickles?

[video=youtube;K_68oPWZcpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_68oPWZcpM&t=396s[/video]

If you can afford a Stradale then go for it (2 seater is the cheapest right now) but as you have the kids then I do feel it excludes the family, having 3 kids might not necessarily be easier with a a 4 seater though.

One last thing to think about is the auto ZF box or the MC shift. As you are a proper driver with a manual V8 you would only want to consider the more involving MC Shift box for sure. If you want to come and drive mine then let me know.

Paza3

Thanks for the kind words guys, its a big financial commitment for any car. I feel if you provided a comprehensive advert it will allow the buyers to make a much more informed choice before contacting, thus weeding out the more basic enquiries.

Its a special car no doubt and I can't take all the credit or cost for doing all the enhancements, it will take a buyer who appreciates the work carried out no doubt as a stock AMV8 similar milage is around 35kish so a 8k premium is great value for money IMO as exhaust and wheels alone is that covered. The previous owner Mark did a fair amount so I had a decent base to work off. Its a great car but the love has disappeared a little now and felt I wanted to try something new. Am really trying to weight up whether the MCS is a worthy premium over the MC?

Has anyone done the jump? was it worth the premium?

rockits

Welcome to the forum & sound like you certainly need to scratch this Maserati itch. You won't regret it.

I bought my first 3 years ago an immaculate late 2007 11k miles 4200 CambioCorsa. Then bought another GS looking 4200 as a project last year that has now been sold. The 4200 is a but of a garage queen so bought a nice 2007 Quattroporte Exec GT ZF Auto so I can get my Maser fix daily or more often.

I have an Aston itch to scratch & considered a have considered a Vantage but wasn't sure about the V8 is V12. Also have considered selling them both with an old R129 SL500 I have to get an MC Stradale instead. Not made my mind up yet either way. Seems hard to offload the 4200 as it is one of if not the best I've seen so seems silly for it depart.

Your Aston looks cracking & certainly something that would be up my street but I need to make up my mind on direction.

Is the main use for driver only and/or one passenger & occasional dry miles use & garages rest of the time? An MC Stradale 2 seater with roll cage, 4 point harness & carbon seats would certainly fit the bill for sure.

Paza3

Hi Rockits , its really a dry mile weekend car and once a year Euro trip type of ownership. The Aston has been the garage for 4-6 weeks without any use at times , so my milage is going to be around 4000 mile PA. I gave up "trying" to get a sports car that fitted everyone ... as the car ends up being covered in dried raise with scuffed rear seats and all the places the kids want to go you'd never want to leave a nice sports car (crammed car parks) so decided its easier just to be a bit self indulgent with a 2 seater option

rockits

Agreed trying to find a car that fits a dual purpose...it just doesn't ending working as good at either. Better to have two cars that do each job better. Well that is my take anyway.

I think the MC Stradale offers most of what others do at much lower pricing. You'll get the same something you can quite touch on with the Aston I only more I expect with the Maser.

The 2 seater Strad is what I would be looking at. With the carbon seats, 4 point harness and roll cage it will be a real sense of occasion & something special that it seems you are looking for. I'd not want to drive one myself yet.....for fear of wanting one!!

It is why I haven't driven an Aston yet either.

Andyk

The Swindon car is lovely as I've seen it ... Work in Swindon you see.....Plus it was 75995 and they have just dropped it to 69990. You will not go wrong buying from them.....Great dealer and a stunning Stradale. If I was in the market and looking what's for sale I would look at this one and the Meridian one. If the drive a GTS and Stradale you will want the Stradale. The difference is not as great as the 997 CS and GT3 but enough to make it the better bet and also you will not lose money and you will in a GTS.

The only car that felt better and as if not more special than the Stradale was a V12 Vantage S but then you need another 20k for one......That V12 in that little Vantage body is in a different league.

rockits

That is almost my perfect Strad. I think if I ever went for one though it would need to be a 2015 Centennial. I'd take this one for 60k though

Paza3

Guys thanks for the advice, thats lovely example iainw :)

Edit just been on GVE website , deposit taken on that one now btw

AndyK yep a V12s would be awesome! however spec wise i would want would be a cool 100k and realistically thats not affordable at the moment :( , also kinda feel i might come back to one at a later date after having a break from the AM.