Bluetooth Adaptor for streaming iPhone if you have iPod Adaptor fitted

hoyin

Yes please. I will take it. Where are you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoyin

Would have been useful for the Le Mans trip ..... have to put up with Dave's music instead.

I'll still take it. PM me your bank details and I will wire you the money.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I know its gone, but can I ask...
a) does it stay 'always on'? (I have a simple BT adaptor, but it powers down whenever I leave the car, and I have to push the button to re-start and reconnect every time)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-.../B00Y29NXEA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497249562
b) do you know how it manages to integrate with the car controls and screen? I'm thinking it must need an interface I don't have with the simple aux setup in my 2009 QP (and with my android phone)???
Thanks

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Sold, thanks.

Yes, but:
a) Does the particular model stay 'always on'? (I have a simple BT adaptor, but it powers down whenever I leave the car, and I have to push the button to re-start and reconnect every time)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-R...qid=1497249562
b) Do you know how they manage to integrate with the car controls and screen? I'm thinking it must need an interface I don't have with the simple aux setup in my 2009 QP (and with my android phone)???
Thanks

w5pwr

Yes, but:
a) Does the particular model stay 'always on'? (I have a simple BT adaptor, but it powers down whenever I leave the car, and I have to push the button to re-start and reconnect every time)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-R...qid=1497249562
b) Do you know how they manage to integrate with the car controls and screen? I'm thinking it must need an interface I don't have with the simple aux setup in my 2009 QP (and with my android phone)???
Thanks

To be honest I didn't use it much, I preferred listening to the engine......

I don't remember any issues with having to re-pair it each time I used it, I used the phone to select the track and mainly used stored playlists.

hoyin

I can let you know how it works over the next week when I am in Le Mans. :).

mattjevans

Please report back. I bought one and sent it back but I was suspicious it was a faulty unit. I bought the simpler WMA1000 for my wife Landrover and it's great (but I believe that model doesn't work w Maserati interface)

Heavenly

I can let you know how it works over the next week when I am in Le Mans. :).

Please I would be interested to know if an iphone 6s/7 streams direct to the headunit with this?

Im fed up with the iPod connected already as you cant select Albums. I rather just change albums on my phone as I drive and stream direct.

If you can add comment id appreciate it before I order one for my 2013 GTS.

CatmanV2

Please I would be interested to know if an iphone 6s/7 streams direct to the headunit with this?

Im fed up with the iPod connected already as you cant select Albums. I rather just change albums on my phone as I drive and stream direct.
Illegal these days.....

C

Heavenly

Yea for sure but ill just get the passenger to change for me.
The thing is has anyone actually got an ipod connected via the Maserati lead and can change Albums? Ive tried everything and all that comes up on the screen is 17400 songs from A to Z or Playlists, I just want to be able to select one of the 1200 Albums on there?

CatmanV2

I don't think the wheel controls (which I guess you're talking about) will ever do this.
If I worked in IT I'd suggest the response is 'working as designed'

C

Heavenly

I cant get anything to do it, the iPod has a Maserati Logo so cant be touched and the headunit wont display Albums, just Marcs80GB iPod which when pressed starts all songs from A through to Z and thats its. No Artist, Album etc so basically unless I want to listen to a song beginning with A its painful.

CatmanV2

I cant get anything to do it, the iPod has a Maserati Logo so cant be touched and the headunit wont display Albums, just Marcs80GB iPod which when pressed starts all songs from A through to Z and thats its. No Artist, Album etc so basically unless I want to listen to a song beginning with A its painful.

Like I say. Probably working as designed. Putting that type of tech in a consumer durable device is always going to throw up this kind of issue.

C

Heavenly

I wouldnt call a 2013 Maserati and an 80gb ipod a mismatch in technology, I deal with Apple on a daily basis and actually not come across a car that cant do this, then saying that I have to say as much as I love the car the headunit is possibly the worse designed and sounding peace of junk i've ever encountered. :)
If it were not for resale value id rip it all out.
I cant believe there cannot be a single person that doesnt use an iPod with the Maserati iPod adaptor, its even in the spec list.