Coolant in the foot well? Help please?

conaero

Forum Owner
Kim, looks like you need to clear your calendar, some late nights ahead!

TBF, Mav said it wasn't that bad to do in the end.

alfatwo

It's really not that bad guys, same as the old 3200's really... You should try the same thing on a 1970's Range Rover if you want a little bit of a challenge!

Dave

maverick

As people have said it's not that difficult and can be achieved over a weekend ,follow my guide that's on here ,it's pretty clear with pics etc . A independent will want 14 hours labour !!!! So you can do the mass all for a £40 part . Always on the phone for advice . If matt can attach the link , take a look and see if you are confident to do it .

Tas4200coupe

IMG_7020.jpg

Hi again fellas, well here it is. Arrived in the mail yesterday. I opted for what I hope will be a long term solution at somewhat greater expense (https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/5206/Heater-Core-Late-Style-5046362/) although, it does look to be longer than the one in the image of the newly installed Nissens unit that you posted a page or so back Mav.

I included the ruler in the photo so if anyone has an old one sitting around, would you please put a tape measure over it and check that this one is going to fit before I start pulling the dash apart.

Thanks again for your help getting me this far everyone.

Cheers,

Kim.

voicey

It looks like it'll fit. I will post a picture with a tape measure over an OEM unit later...

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Fantastic! Thanks so much. Looks like I'm good to go.

The job's being done on Monday. Looking forward to it. I've now got some "dampness" in the passenger footwell too!

Cheers,

Kim.

Report how you get on.
I think the all aluminium welded radiator is a good option to take.
Having changed a crimped cooling radiator on my old Lotus Elise, that need the front clam shell removing, I fitted a fully welded aluminium radiator in its place.
However, like most, it benefits the subsequent owners in most cases!

Tas4200coupe

Are you tackling this your self or a garage ?

Hi Mav, This jobs too big and time consuming for me. I'm having the young bloke who did the heater fan do it for me. Having dismantled the dash once before and getting it back together with no parts left over, I reckon he's good enough to do it again!

Hope you're well.

KM.

Masera

Tas4200coupe, how did you make out with the aluminum core? Looking to pull the trigger on the same one, but just wanted a little more feedback.

Tas4200coupe

Hi Masera, apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The core is great! Problem solved. As for the cock-up the bloke that installed it made of the job - well that's a story for another day.
Tas4200coupe, how did you make out with the aluminum core? Looking to pull the trigger on the same one, but just wanted a little more feedback.

j s pollo

Just had my heater matrix problem fixed pick up motor tomorrow from migliore of bromsgrove big job low price give them a ring