Removal of the Power Unit (Cambiocorsa) Advice!

Kyle4200

Hey Guys,

I've recently acquired a new Clutch Solenoid Valve & Accumulator which I need to fit on to the Power Unit, replacing the existing ones. Access is extremely limited for the Accumulator as it sits right on top of the gearbox, we managed to get to the solenoid valves, first removing the F1 pump and fluid reservoir. The CSV is located at the top/left of the Power Unit as you look at it, we managed to remove one of the fixing bolts but the other was very awkward to get at and through fear of stripping the head due to corrosion on the fixing we stopped, so now the only way of moving forward would be to somehow loosen the power unit bracket so access is better from the boot space or completely removing the block so we can then swap over the Accumulator and then spend more time removing the bolts on the CSV and deal with that from above it rather then below at funny angles.

The system is good, changes gear and the car does drive, but sitting in (N) with the engine on there is a pressure loss every 8-9 seconds, it starts off better when the car is cold but after 5 minutes it returns to these pump intervals, the only 2 culprits for a pressure loss in (N) are a leaking CSV or a failing Accumulator, which I now have both available to replace.

Apart from completely dropping the gearbox and rear suspension, is there a better way to access or another way to lower the gearbox slightly without causes too much stress to the torque tube?

18929-001.jpg18929-002.jpg

Attachments

• 18929-003.jpg
    18929-003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Maserati 2002 Coupe 4244cc V8 and Rear Transaxle.jpg
    Maserati 2002 Coupe 4244cc V8 and Rear Transaxle.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 166

Gp79

I can't see how you would get access without dropping the subframe or gearbox.

Removing and re-fitting the rear subframe is possible for the home mechanic, i managed on my own but not that easy.

Maybe 'just' removing the gearbox is easier but remember FatArnie struggling so he dropped the whole rear subframe in the end.

Kyle4200

Looks like the Gearbox is getting lowered then!

At least after many hours spent across many weekends I've managed to remove and replace the F1 Pump, the fluid reservoir, carried out multiple bleed sessions and created a purpose built pressure monitor which shows the pump prime intervals and the current pressures dwindle away over 60 seconds and with every gear change. The new EV pipe I had made up is looking strong with all gears functioning, now it's just sorting out the gradual pressure loss in Neutral - CSV in the closed position leaking back to the low pressure side every 8-9 seconds.

Once this is done I can get the car MOT'd before it's shipped off to the Mike Roberts for the Self Learn and PIS set up!

Evo Cymru

Slight topic thread here bur wasn't there talk some time ago about finding someone who would be able to rebuild the solenoids? I think there was someone in Europe who had the equipment - I think I even saw a video of them testing some? Or did I dream it all??

Anyway back on topic - hope this goes well for you. Will you take some photos of the process for the rest of us too please!

Regards

Olly

Gardei

Looks like the Gearbox is getting lowered then!

At least after many hours spent across many weekends I've managed to remove and replace the F1 Pump, the fluid reservoir, carried out multiple bleed sessions and created a purpose built pressure monitor which shows the pump prime intervals and the current pressures dwindle away over 60 seconds and with every gear change. The new EV pipe I had made up is looking strong with all gears functioning, now it's just sorting out the gradual pressure loss in Neutral - CSV in the closed position leaking back to the low pressure side every 8-9 seconds.

Once this is done I can get the car MOT'd before it's shipped off to the Mike Roberts for the Self Learn and PIS set up!

Hello,Kyle! Where you bought Clutch Solenoid Valve ? Do you know part number of it ?