Modena visit

hoyin

Lambo was good. I would try and hit it as well. They had a Senna exhibition and a lot of Lambos are driving around the museum.

Pagani - you need to book well in advance. I tried 3 months before hand and everything was booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caldy999

On the hottest day so far - 40+ - drove the 80 odd miles for our Maserati factory tour. Sorry to say it's no fun in a Spyder when it's that hot.

IMG_2894.jpg

Extremely welcoming, very informative guide, took just under 2 hours all-in. Showroom a bit boring, apart from....

IMG_2903.jpg

Today they were opening their new fitting studio where potential customers could spec their new car. The usual paint and trim samples, wheels etc.

Modern Maseratis ( and Alfa 4c ) really are hand built with not a robot in sight. A total contrast to an earlier tour of the Audi R8 assembly plant in Neckarsulm where robots seemed to outnumber humans.

They majored on quality of paint - done by Ferrari - and the thorough inspection and testing processes that the cars go through. Very impressive. Quite exciting to await the first cold start of a newly completed car, and yes it started first time! Got into discussions of Maserati v Ferrari - they are seen as non-competitors, operating in totally different price and performance sectors. Apparently Ferrari inspections are even more thorough than those at Maserati, and the Alfa benefits from Maserati standards although it is in a much lower price bracket.

We met a retired Australian couple, Richard and Jane, who hail from Sydney. He's restoring a '65 Sebring with help from the factory as there are no parts available. They were on a tight time schedule and had arranged a short tour to the Panini collection so we tagged along instead of waiting for our prearranged tour scheduled for 3pm.

Met by the brothers who allowed us totally free access to the whole collection and we were left to mooch around, despite a bad experience with some earlier ******

IMG_2909.jpg

Some real beauties in there, priceless history. I loved the Trofeo car.......

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

And these guys were braver than me....

IMG_2959.jpg

Just had time for a flying visit to Fiorano in the hope of seeing some disguised Ferrari flying around, but this was as close as we got.

IMG_2949.jpg

Managed to eke out my fuel to pass a garage on the E45 where unleaded was €1.94 per litre!!!!! It's expensive to run a Supercar in Italy. A really enjoyable but tiring day out in the sun, for me at least although I don't think the Mrs was too impressed, and I would have regretted not going had I passed up the opportunity.

Caldy999

Daily ratio of 16 Maserati and 4 Alfa, 5 days per week. Very proud of employee working conditions-air con, no hard hats or safety specs, natural light, numerous breaks etc. Seemed like a family type operation.

Someone asked about new GT - word on the street is new bumpers and uprated infotainment.

bigbob

Daily ratio of 16 Maserati and 4 Alfa, 5 days per week. Very proud of employee working conditions-air con, no hard hats or safety specs, natural light, numerous breaks etc. Seemed like a family type operation.

Someone asked about new GT - word on the street is new bumpers and uprated infotainment.

Interesting that they are still making the GT/GC. Wonder where they are going?

Caldy999

Every car going through production is pre-sold. The example he showed us, a spec sheet of a car moving down the line, showed an order confirmation date of June 3rd.

Ewan

That MC-12 in Victory Blu - just perfect. The ultimate modern collectible Maser.

Caldy999

There are a couple of short term hire places around the Fiorano circuit - must admit I was tempted.

IMG_2947.jpg

bigbob

On reflection I struggle to see them selling 4000 GranTurismos/GranCabrios pa but they must be going somewhere I guess. Also I would have thought that 4C volume was higher than stated.

casadalloro

Did that 3 years ago.... 1/2 hr in a California....Push Start just do Ferrari and Lamborghini but there are others that do Maserati too...
would really like to do the track experience next time...drive the car to Modena track for 5/10 laps but prices start around €1000...

Contigo

Sponsor
Pagani tour confirmed just waiting on Maserati to sort out a visit.

Last edited:

Contigo

Sponsor
Maserati have now confirmed the tour for Wednesday with the kids in tow. I had to send 2 disclaimers and also proof of ownership. I'm mildly enthusiastic about watching a 4C and or GT being made.