Modena visit

Gp79

Currently working in Genoa so decided to nip over to Modena for the day.

Everything Maserati closed but went to the Enzo Ferrari museum which was very good

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

As so close carried on to see Neptune... Oh well I'll have to go there again to see what's actually under the tent!

IMG_1291.jpg

Good lunches though and fiat punto rental ran faultlessly!

Caldy999

Heading to Milan tomorrow for 3 days so hoping to fit in a trip. I messaged Maserati Club prior to leaving UK for assistance in arranging a factory visit.........heard nothing!

Caldy999

Unfortunately Newcastle doesn't have a main dealer which is why I travel to Edinburgh for Phil at PK.

safrane

Any main dealer will do it for you...you just need to be an owner of a Maser.

I have the contact details on file at work for the GB team and will send on to you tomorrow morning.

MrMickS

Tried this through JCT last year and got nothing back, same so far this year. Is this still an option?

P R

Don't forget the Alfa museum at Arese.. worth a visit if you are in Milan

MrMickS

Don't forget the Alfa museum at Arese.. worth a visit if you are in Milan

The Alfa museum was great. A surprise was the Fiat museum on Turin. Its only open on a Sunday but parking is free on the streets outside as is entry. Its not far from the Lingotto, the old Fiat factory, so if you're in the area its worth doing.

safrane said:
Try Cristina Domenchini at info@maserati.com

Thanks Peter I'll try Cristina.

Gp79

I find it frustrating how poor Maserati are when it comes to inspiring people to want to own a Maserati.

Having their own museum that is open through the weekend would be a start - correct me if I'm wrong but the only museum i could find was the Panini one, open half day on Saturday / closed Sunday.

GransportFan1

Does sound a little frustrating however, I've read it's a similar situation with Ferrari. The factory tour apparently involves you sitting on a coach that you can't get off.

MrMickS

I find it frustrating how poor Maserati are when it comes to inspiring people to want to own a Maserati.

Having their own museum that is open through the weekend would be a start - correct me if I'm wrong but the only museum i could find was the Panini one, open half day on Saturday / closed Sunday.

There is some history here with De Tomaso being the villain of the peace. As with all things Maserati a new museum would be a good idea but, without the historic car collection, it would cost them a fortune to put something meaningful together. In the meantime the Panini Maserati Collection is the best you are going to get. The cars are lovely and there are no barriers stopping you from getting close to them. Its not a patch on the Ferrari museums in the area though or the Alfa Romeo one in Arese.

Perhaps a new museum is on the list after the Alfieri and a new GranTurismo replacement ;)

dannywooly

I'll be finding a tech conference nearby in the next 6 months so i can take the puppy home for a visit :)

safrane

Pleased for you pal.

Let us know what the revised GTs look like... oh and don't go on the wrong day like some numpty did (me)

MrMickS

Enjoy. Need to work out how to squeeze a drive down to Modena into our trip in Sept. If I can see a way I'll try and make a trip myself.

StuartW

Pleased for you pal.

Let us know what the revised GTs look like... oh and don't go on the wrong day like some numpty did (me)

I think you'll have to look very closely for any revisions!

Enjoy though all the same, should be an excellent day out

Marco07

Absolutely no point trying to get help from then Maserati Club GB - totally useless.

However, Maranellos arranged our factory tour so my son and I drove down to Modena and took in the Maser factory, Ferrari, Enzo's museum, Lamborghini and also Ducati. We just couldn't fit Panini in but what a great trip. An absolute must for all Maserati owners.

Have fun on Tuesday.

Caldy999

Well it's a plan, together with wifey interest at the cheese factory - should be a fun day. If any visit has to be dropped owing to time constraints, I guess the Lambo and Pagani collections will lose out as they are somewhat off-centre to the rest.

IMG_2019.jpg