2009 (59) Granturismo - 2790 Miles

MAF260

Looks ideal for Loz. Minimal damage, certainly nothing structural by the looks of things. Not a cat C or D either - I think stolen recovered has a different category rating? It's also not silver - gorgeous colour combination of interior and exterior. It's described as a 4.7 though - is this not a GTS?

Cue the sound of Loz smashing his piggy bank with a big hammer......

MAF260

Hi Adam,
I've been very busy with work both in the UK & abroad recently, so not much time to post. I might even find the time this weekend to get behind the wheel of my new Alfa which has sadly been neglected and under-used since I bought it!

lozcb

Looks ideal for Loz. Minimal damage, certainly nothing structural by the looks of things. Not a cat C or D either - I think stolen recovered has a different category rating? It's also not silver - gorgeous colour combination of interior and exterior. It's described as a 4.7 though - is this not a GTS?

Cue the sound of Loz smashing his piggy bank with a big hammer......

Hi Mark all is not as it seems with this one , just got back from viewing it earlier,the visible damage is the easy bit , but still very expensive on the parts , the car seems to have run over a concrete bollard or similar ,all the undershields are ripped and severely scraped the steering rack is cracked and leaking fluid , torque tube (propshaft severely bent) and the gearbox has a cracked housing and leaking gearbox oil , dealing with that lot is mega money , no gearboxes/and torque tubes available for at least 2-3 months and they were quoting £13K alone for the gearbox gutted to say the least thought this was it , i would have been happier if there was more body damage , the mechanical side is a real kettle of worms , and you dont know how long it was run without oil in the gearbox if they were trying to avoid capture , so chances are its a complete replacement of the transmission and steering rack loads of dosh

regards loz

Parisien

............humungous amount to fix...how much do you reckon Loz...unless lucky enough to source 2nd hand parts.

P

GransportFan1

Hi Adam,
I've been very busy with work both in the UK & abroad recently, so not much time to post. I might even find the time this weekend to get behind the wheel of my new Alfa which has sadly been neglected and under-used since I bought it!

is that the GT Coupe? if so, nice motors those.

MAF260

is that the GT Coupe? if so, nice motors those.

Yep, posted about it a few weeks ago when I got it. If it gets a clean at the weekend I might even try to sort a couple of pictures. So far I really like it, but it's early days. Already been sourcing upgrades to the sound system (it has BOSE as standard, but it's rubbish compared to my usual installations) and I've just decided on and paid for the performance tuning upgrade I've done some research on. It'll never be a very fast car, but 20% minimum more power and torque means the next upgrade is the Alfa Q2 LSD diff

MAF260

Hi Mark all is not as it seems with this one , just got back from viewing it earlier,the visible damage is the easy bit , but still very expensive on the parts , the car seems to have run over a concrete bollard or similar ,all the undershields are ripped and severely scraped the steering rack is cracked and leaking fluid , torque tube (propshaft severely bent) and the gearbox has a cracked housing and leaking gearbox oil , dealing with that lot is mega money , no gearboxes/and torque tubes available for at least 2-3 months and they were quoting £13K alone for the gearbox gutted to say the least thought this was it , i would have been happier if there was more body damage , the mechanical side is a real kettle of worms , and you dont know how long it was run without oil in the gearbox if they were trying to avoid capture , so chances are its a complete replacement of the transmission and steering rack loads of dosh

regards loz

Loz, why am I not surprised you've already been all over this?!
What a pity it'll be so expensive and awkward to repair, sounds like it would have been an ideal next project. Did you get the lowdown on whether it's a 4.7? What about the insurance category - would it make it more valuable by not being recorded as cat C or D?

dem maser

im 1 step ahead there my man dont worry its about the granturismo cat car we talking about, i like it but loz found some issues with it