Maserati vs F type

iainw

I agree in many ways- but the 554hp one would buy a bit of soul with the top down..
Still think a properly specced GTs looks better though.
Look so good from all angles.
Why doesn't any car sound as good?
Ferrari have told me - ANY modification which is non OEM which is in contact with the car will void the warranty.
The only option they suggest is a Ferrari race exhaust specifically for the Cali 30.
For a snip at 4K. They will fit it for free as they don't know of any others in the UK so they are keen to hear it.
It's not valved, so I am worried it will sound a little better, but still be quiet sub 4000 revs, and my pockets will be lighter and it still won't sound that good. Ferrari don't offer any ORM x pipe equivalent and they say it will screw up the sensors.
Would you risk disappointment getting the OEM one?
Part of me thinks I should have got one without a warranty , made a saving and then specced it as I wanted..

Contigo

Sponsor
Isn't that funny? The money grabbing *****! Puts me off the brand. Mr Green should be ashamed!

Andyk

I drove all the F Types at an Evo/Jaguar day @ Milbrook. Awesome all of them but the V8R was my pick. Also like the convertible just as much as the Coupe. I would agree with Andy I think that I would have a V8R over a GT S but would have a Strad over that. The F Type V8R must be a bit smaller, lighter & more nimble than an old tech ageing GT S.

This is the R that would have my money....That's if I had any  That is.....Rare with its Alcantara seats etc......This ones 57k.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 54

SPX

The SVR model costs around £100k and does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and Maser GT wouldn't know which way it went on the twisties...

But when you're buying a Maserati you don't buy it for the speed or the twisties, you buy it for the looks, the sound and the heritage...

Both great cars in their own right in my opinion.