Deposit not return...

todea20

The KeylessGo handle is a less than £200 fix, how much did you actually think it was going to be when you said it was an expensive fix?

It was the start/stop engine button on the gear stick that wasn't working plus driver side door

todea20

Where was it advertised? If eBay, you could ding him there with a dispute. Don't know about AutoTrader etc.

Yes the car was listed on ebay but i have paid the deposit in his bank account...i should have pay the deposit in his paypal!

davy83

i think this is a tricky one to my eyes. I agree if i was in his position i would have given you the money back and left it at that. I would also agree however that buying cars unseen is always a lottery, same as auctions, and if you are not prepared for a few issues you should never buy unseen. You must have believed it would sell quickly or you would not have jumped in like that? I would doubt small claims would find in your favour but they might.

todea20

Well the claim it's done now.We shall see how it ends.
Thank you guys for your advices!

Don't be surprised if the magistrate / judge quotes you 'caveat emptor' (buyer beware) and dismisses your claim. Witnessed it happen many times.