Mayweather v Mcgregor (Boxing Event) 26 Aug 17 - Views?

Kyle4200

Anyone interested in a bit of old fashioned fisticuffs?

Floyd Mayweather returning from his 2nd or is it 3rd retirement, his current record stands at 49-0 and he's looking to make it 50-0 in August when he fights UFC top star Conor Mcgregor in a Las Vegas boxing match.

What's your opinions on this?

CatmanV2

It's possibly interesting. Mayweather is clearly at a disadvantage due to his age, but the UFC guy will be fighting his conditioning.

C

Ryandoc

It's a show for sure but Ali did something similar and it was a farce. Difference is this time whilst I think mayweather should win mcgreggor will be itching to make history and he'll be training hard.

Mayweather does t have the strongest chin and mcgreggor can move if he gets some head shots in mayweather will be in trouble. The professional world is calling it a joke fight but you have 2 excellent fighters with massive ego's will want to win this fight so much.

I don't think it'll be a Joshua / klitschko that was epic but I'm definitely watching

iainw

Its a mockery - purely for money to take the **** out of the public.
May weather can't lose - regardless of age.
The best boxers on the planet couldn't hurt him - so murray has no chance.
It you read the experts views - everything is in may weathers favour.
They will feign a fight like the old days of wrestling with Big daddy.. collect 100m each and laugh at the public.
Murray couldn't even beat the Irish Boxing Champ - never mind the best that ever lived.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Think you're confusing Connor Murray, Lions Scrumhalf and Connor McGregor, UFC. I agree on your opinion on it, Mayweather can't lose, but I'd love to see the look on his face if McGregor gave him a flying roundhouse mid way through the 3rd.

iainw

Think you're confusing Connor Murray, Lions Scrumhalf and Connor McGregor, UFC. I agree on your opinion on it, Mayweather can't lose, but I'd love to see the look on his face if McGregor gave him a flying roundhouse mid way through the 3rd.

Totally agree RG - if it was UFC it would be a similar joke the other way around - McGregor would break his bones....
Apologies for the mix up of the connors... I am obsessed with the lions at the moment!

SPX

It's a farce and should be classed as an exhibition fight - if I told you a novice boxer with zero bouts was going to fight possibly the best P4P boxer of his generation (even as boring as he is!) without mentioning names you'd actually think; how is that even legal?!

I know MMA enjoys a level of support but to me it looks like a drunken brawl and has nothing on the purity of boxing; real men fight stood up!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I have the utmost respect for McGregor; he's managed to convince Mayweather and the world to get the fight on. He will be made for life even if he lasts 30secs; that's all he's bothered about.

iainw

I agree Richard. My fear is that they just playact to drag it out a few rounds. McGregor shouldn't really be able to get a shot in