Forum Spam : Live stream spam reaching epic proportions

MarkMas

Chief pedant
This spam seems to still be rampant. This must be a huge problem for the mods. Is there anything the community can do to help?

CatmanV2

This spam seems to still be rampant. This must be a huge problem for the mods. Is there anything the community can do to help?

Most (if not all) of the mods are in Le Mans getting wrecked (and who can blame them)

I don't think any of us left have any power to do anything.

Still can't figure out why the Captcha is not working
<edit: OK that was easy>

Looks like first post approval might be it

C

CatmanV2

Well half the threads.

I'm sure Matt and the team will get it sorted ASAP. After all the sponsors don't like it any more than we do. The timing is just unfortunate.

C

maverick

I agree Iam sure it will be sorted after Lemans , just watching some of the racing now and very jealous and the weather ....! Luck boys ! Might just take the car out this morning for a spin after I clean the wheels and give it a hoover out , clayed and polished yesterday .

Contigo

Sponsor
Just deleted lots of them and have been doing quite a few a day. It just be an injection into the bb code maybe Matt can temporarily disable new registrations?

conaero

Forum Owner
Forum now back on and we had no Spam posting during the downtime so the spammers are accessing the site via the front end pages and registration. We will be blocking the facility to post a new thread with the words 'live stream' in the title when the next one turns up so you will still see spam today but it should be gone shortly.

2b1ask1

Special case
Is it possible to set it so newbies cannot post http links? Just basic posts for the first 10 postings or something?

conaero

Forum Owner
could do, don't delete any new spam I want to pull the keywords from them. They will then go into a moderation state where they can be deleted.

safrane

Matt,

Thanks for that, especially as you are away on holidays.

Regards Peter and all the other sad gits not in Le Mans.

CatmanV2

Cheers Matt

Not sure there are the words 'Live Stream' the thread title. In fact it appears that the threads are being posted with plain text, totally different, then being edited to make the HTTP link to the You tube.

That may or may not help

C