Suspension issue on QP? Worrying shimmy on uneven surfaces.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I don't think I've ever read a good word about Pirelli tyres on Maserati's , the latest version of the Michelin pilot sport 4 is the PS4-S which is being squarely aimed at performance car drivers as they're only making it in 19" and above for now, reviews are very good, if they're an improvement on the PS4 I put on my 4200 they must be very good.

True, but Pzero Rossos are, apparently, the factory spec, and also what my garage can get hold of before the MOT runs out tomorrow and my holiday starts on Thursday, so....

Ebenezer

Personally not experienced any issues with PZeros apart from they're very soft, so wear quickly. But tend not to cane it in the wet/cold...
Eb

MrMickS

I don't think I've ever read a good word about Pirelli tyres on Maserati's , the latest version of the Michelin pilot sport 4 is the PS4-S which is being squarely aimed at performance car drivers as they're only making it in 19" and above for now, reviews are very good, if they're an improvement on the PS4 I put on my 4200 they must be very good.

I've never had an issue with the P Zeros on the Ghibli other than wear rate. They seem to work for me. Given the issue putting the non-MGS P Zero tyre on rear caused with the TPMS I'm reluctant to change them.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Following new front bushes and drop links, new tyres and geometry, the handling seems fine now. Wonderful to see what a mere £3k can do!

MarkMas

Chief pedant
3k....what else did you get done?

Well the bushes and drop links were about £800 labour and £1,000 parts (inc VAT) at Ftech - Dick Lovett quoted 20% more.

Plus 4 tyres, a few other bits and bobs, and an MOT while they were at it.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
3k....what else did you get done?

Well the bushes and drop links were about £800 labour and £1,000 parts (inc VAT) at Ftech - Dick Lovett quoted 20% more.

Plus 4 tyres, a few other bits and bobs, and an MOT while they were at it.

rockits

I have a small weap on one of my rears I will deal with on next year's QP service. Do you fancy selling the one you have?

How much were a new pair out of interest?

I have rusty springs so expecting them to go at some point. Was thinking of replacing the lot as an option and go with the fixed rate GTS setup. Anyone done that?

rockits

I'm only joshing....3k Inc VAT with a set of tyres sounds alright to me. Always a bit of an initial shock a big number like that but when you break it down it always seems so reasonable.

Ebenezer

I have a small weap on one of my rears I will deal with on next year's QP service. Do you fancy selling the one you have?

How much were a new pair out of interest?

I have rusty springs so expecting them to go at some point. Was thinking of replacing the lot as an option and go with the fixed rate GTS setup. Anyone done that?

Forget who it was, but there was someone a while back taking FD springs etc off his QP and reverting to normal. May still have them for sale
Eb

Contigo

Sponsor
Following new front bushes and drop links, new tyres and geometry, the handling seems fine now. Wonderful to see what a mere £3k can do!

Mark do you know who they used for the bushes? Want to change mine but Eurospares list the complete arm.

Keano

My local garage did it and while he said one of them was a pig to get out he said it was nice to work on.... no mention of a special tool. 4 hrs labour for one side but would have been less if they came out easier.

Contigo

Sponsor
My local garage did it and while he said one of them was a pig to get out he said it was nice to work on.... no mention of a special tool. 4 hrs labour for one side but would have been less if they came out easier.

Top man thanks for that will order them and give them a go.

MarkMas

Chief pedant

Ftech said that it is not unusual for the bolts (on the wishbones?) to seize up and need to be drilled out.