First run after the mega engine rebiuld

alfatwo

It was really weird.. as I haven't even seen my old 3200GT in over 2 years..as its been in storage since Stuart at Shiltec rebuilt the engine

Had a 200 hundred mile gentle ish thrash around the Cotswold's on Saturday.

First impression's... Its still not easy to drive slowly, the old Getrag and the heavy Sachs clutch although perfect doesn't do wimps..

The engine performance though since last time I drove it was in a different league!

Dave

philw696

Good Stuff Dave.
Maserati's are not for Wimps full stop especially the ones with nothing in their wallets.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I must have missed you having an engine rebuild. What was the problem, your car is low mileage I recall?
Good to have it back though!

RW3200

Great to hear Dave!
Plenty of time and miles to catch up on and what a week to start it off.
Enjoy it sir! :)

R

alfatwo

Thanks guys.. My left arm is still aching and I have Alfa ankle ;)

But the old car is now so blo*dy quick, don't know where that came from.. maybe the valve timing and the worn engine component's

Dave

allandwf

Enjoy the car now it is back on song, they do take a bit of getting used to. A much better workout than going to the gym! Only once I thought the clutch and box was too hard work, and that was Brussels ring road around 4-5 pm!! Thankfully not had to do that again.

Assetto 52

Someone asked the other day what my car was like to drive and i said it was like wrestling a gorilla!

alfatwo

It's very physical to drive those old manual 3200 Gt's fast, But get it right with the turbo boost full on, there nothing to touch them..

There difficult to drive old school super cars, maybe that's the fascination!

Dave

Paul - H

The auto is an easier drive, but I went for manual, such an involved and emotional feeling, and sometimes a challenge in the short time I've had it. Good to hear you have her back on the road.

StuartW

Good to hear Dave and I think the gearbox will get easier once you drive it more regularly, at least that's what I found wit mine if it was laid up for any period of time.

I hope that you can get to enjoy it some more now, you only live once!

highlander

I can see the wide grin from here Dave! Happy the old girl back in fettle for you, nice one, now get some pics up!

sospanbach

glad to hear all the comments on the the sort of drive the manual 3200 gives had mine 7 months now hardest car to get used to I have ever owned had all sorts of performance cars, but this car is special wrestling a gorilla sums it up raw and rewarding enjoy the car

miket

Rewarding drive when it all goes right though, I chose the manual over auto when I had a 3200 because after test driving both it was like choosing between Jekyl & Hyde!