Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum and looking to buy

Hi all,
    New to this forum and been thinking about buying a Maserati for a while. Haven't got too much to spend so looking for bargain! I've seen this gold 4200 at ADG does anyone know anything about it before I go and take a look?
    Many thanks.

http://www.adgsevenoaks.co.uk/used-c...mbiocorsa-2dr/

Bargain and Maserati do not sit well in the same sentence. That's an early car in a marmite colour, I like it though. Reasonably high mileage for these, but that is a good thing on a Maserati, niggles tend to show more on low mileage examples. Have an inspection done, and if all good, go for it and enjoy. Note: Half worn Pirelli P Zeros, willl be entertaining in cold/damp coditions!
    60/75

Is this not Geoff's previous car?

ADG sell lots of Maseratis and this one is "cheap" for a reason.
    As Allan says colour is an issue and will put off prospective purchasers now and when you decide to sell. I don't mind it but lots will.
    Mileage is a big factor. It isn't right, but it is a fact the further over 60k you go the more difficult it is to sell one.
    You run that car for a couple of years and you will be selling it very cheap to move it with 100k on the clock.
    Clutch wear. As often discussed here the tangs collapse often before they wear out. My clutch was 50% worn when I bought it and it collapsed within the first week. Allow over £2k if that happens as it won't be covered by a warranty.
    Get it inspected as Allan says. It isn't uncommon for a cheap Maserati to cost £5k or more to sort. Check wishbones.
    But to be honest if you have not got much money to buy a better car you should think carefully about buying any Maserati as running costs are potentially going to cripple you.
    It is too easy to let the dream of ownership blind you to realities. Go in with your eyes wide open.

A big warm welcome to the forum....The car is question is indeed Geoffs old car. It's well know on the forum. He PM it a few months ago for a GTS at ADG. I'm sure he will be along soon to give you loads of advice.
    Maserless and carless 🙁
    The Maserati
    Past Maserati 3200 GT - Silver with blue leather.
    Past Italian
    Alfa 155 1.8
    Alfa 155 2.0 wide body
    Alfa GTV twin Spark
    Alfa GTV V6
    Alfa 156 Sportswagon selespeed - Pile of poo.
    Alfa GTV V6 - A lovely well sorted car.
    Alfa Brera 2.4 diesel....my love affair with Alfa ended here.
    Lancia Delta Intragle 16v
    Other
    BMW M3 CSL - Amazing car.
    BMW E46 M3
    BMW E39 M5
    BMW E30 M3
    Lotus Elise x 5
    Lotus Esprit Turbo
    Lotus Exige x 2
    TVR T350T
    Jaguar XE R Sport

Indeed. Well known car. Comes with a Parrot and some great exhausts.

Geoff is in Le Mans right now, I think? Might be a short delay in response

C
    The Catman formerly known as an Alfisti.
    '07 Maserati GT (Grigio Palladio), 147 TS, Sprint 1.7

It is indeed Mark's old 4200. He traded up to a GT S recently. He will have looked after it & always spent what was needed.

The colour is not really gold though. It looks very much metallic grey in most lights & seems to have a tinge of brown/beige in it in some lights. It was my choice of colour for my 4200. The colour is less of an issue but mileage will be. The interior colour is not a favourite for me and is more of an issue than the exterior colour IMHO. Each to their own though as if course this is all subjective.

This car could have been bought privately for 10k. Therefore with some miles on & a couple of years down the line expect it to be 10k or less come resale. It is fine if you are going to keep it for ages but if you are planning a short ownership I would look at an alternative. It is the right price with ADG as they need a margin & will have had some prep work before retailing. They are know good guys to the forum & will look after you.

The good & very best cars will sell pretty quick but can sometimes take a while. Not so good ones can take much much longer to sell. As long as you take all this into consideration a 4200 is a cracking car & highly recommended.
    Last edited by rockits; 19-06-2017 at 07:41 AM. Reason: IP
    2007 Maserati QP V Executive GT ZF Auto - Blu Nettuno
    2007 Maserati 4200 CC - Grigio Nuvolari
    2006 Volvo XC90 4.4 V8 SE LUX Auto - Dark Blue Metallic
    2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto - Metallic Grey
    2005 Alfa GT 3.2 V6 Busso Manual - Black
    1999 Mercedes SL500 Auto - Black
    1998 Peugeot 306 GTi-6 Manual - Silver

Now Gone: 2003 Maserati 4200/GS Hybrid Manual; 2011 Jaguar XJ; 2013 Focus ST-3, 2005 E55K 7 Seater Estate, 2005 E60 M5 V10, 1997 R129 SL60 AMG, 2003 R230 SL55 AMG, 2005 987 Boxster 3.2S Manual

Yes it is Geoff's old 42, He did take some ribbing about the colours of the inside and out as it is not a combination most people would go for (that might of been part of the reason for getting shut)!!
    Speak with Geoff Capes (not real name) in the first instance (if your happy with the colour) he will tell you all about it, I know he spent a lot of money on it putting it right before he sold it.
    Then you can bargain them down knowing that they only gave him 10k. They will want to get shut also.

Hope this helps and welcome on board!
    Past Italian Cars

Fiat Uno Turbo (mk1) Red
    Fiat Barchetta (mk 1) Red
    Alfa Romeo 75 (T-Spark LE) Met Black
    Alfa Romeo 156 ( 2000) Silver
    Lancia Montecarlo Coupe (mk 1) Champagne Gold
    Lancia Montecarlo Spyder (mk1) Red

Hi

And welcome to the forum, i actually quite like the colour combo. Does have some high mileage but looks in good condition, are you thinking of getting an inspection?

Just on a dealer note a few weeks back i nearly brought an MC Shift from ADG, David was very open and honest and did all that he promised so a great dealer to work with on your purchase.

Keep us posted hopefully Geoff will pop in and give you some more history.
    Regards

Danny

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Maserati Granturismo Sport 4.7 - Nero Carbonio, Bianco Pregiato, 20" Neptune Design Grigio Mercury with Nero calipers
    2014 BMW 335d xDrive - Black metallic, black leather interior, 19" alloys with blue calipers, full M Performance body kit
    2015 Nissan Qashqai - Black metallic, black cloth interior, 18" alloys (Family wagon)

SportsMaserati.com Moderator 2b1ask1's Avatar
    Hi Matt and welcome to the madness. We are mostly returning from Le Mans today including GC so normal forum service should resume tomorrow. It's an ok car that had some mechanical issues earlier in the year that were all resolved including I recal a new clutch so that won't be a worry.
    Newton 2b1ask1

Wife, five kids, house and two Italian cars to support….
    Or
    Newton’s fourth law of motion: With sufficient acceleration from an applied force acting upon a mass (workload), two or more working days can be condensed into one. A+F/ma = £

Present:
    2005 Maserati GranSport
    2017 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air
    (others non-mentionable: 2003 Volvo XC90 T6 workhorse, 2009 Toyota Aygo [wife and kids really], Frankenvan - 2008 Peugeot Partner crew cab van 3008 6-speed graft [still non-running at this time but on the list to finish soon])

Past:
    2002 Alfa 156 2.0TS Sportwaggon Selespeed - Sold for parts
    2016 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air Lemon car taken back by Alfa UK
    2003 Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa Stolen - now with new owner on the forum
    2016 Alfa Mito 850 Twin Air Stolen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast