Boot Handle De-chromed

StuartW

Just back from having this done today courtesy of Michael at MKS Customs in Peterborough - http://www.mkscustoms.co.uk/
He used a 1080 gloss black 3M vinyl wrap which was very carefully applied in-situ rather than removing the handle. He did a fine job and it is a cheap mod which i think makes a big difference. Here are a couple of before & after snaps, my apologies about the poor quality of the photography

IMG_20170622_1506014.jpg

IMG_20170622_1529030.jpg

While there, he was also wrapping a 4200 in a pearlescent matt purple which is a long term project car for a customer as it needed a lot of bodywork first so look out for this one in the Kettering area in the coming months

IMG_20170622_1523413.jpg

IMG_20170622_1506100.jpg

Stormbrew

Unhelpful thread....have not even picked up my car and already seen a mod that I would like done! Oh dear. All I see when I look at the car that Im picking up is the chrome strip at the back!!

Looks Great! Think I will need to investigate further.

StuartW

Unhelpful thread....have not even picked up my car and already seen a mod that I would like done! Oh dear. All I see when I look at the car that Im picking up is the chrome strip at the back!!

Looks Great! Think I will need to investigate further.

Once it was pointed out to me, I couldn't get past it either - thanks AndyK!

At least it's a low cost (£35 for mine) and easily reversible mod if you decide that you don't like it after all

StuartW

Look good, Stuart. Are your window trims and door handles chrome?

Cheers

The window surrounds are all black on Stradales and my door handles are carbon so this one strip of chrome did stand out. I am happy for the badges and the grill to be left silver but this boot handle did annoy me.

I think I am done with tinkering on my car now - oh wait, I have my spacers to fit too!

beau

mine was done in black soon after i got my gt, not a fan of any of the chrome personally, apart from the front bumper grille surround, i feel it needs that bit but i might try it black aha :) i only did it myself so it is far from perfect, but its good enough

azapa

Did you consider a carbon fibre look film instead of jet black? it might go nicely with the boot spoiler?

StuartW

Did you consider a carbon fibre look film instead of jet black? it might go nicely with the boot spoiler?

It just didn't feel right when I have factory carbon elsewhere on the car and it matches well with the window surrounds being in the piano, gloss black so that's what I went for

FA57GTA

What would look best on a white car? Gloss black or carbon? I've got the carbon exterior pack on my strad too. I totally agree with what you are saying about the chrome handle, it's a bit out of place compared with the other bits on the car.
It probably stands out a bit more on a black/dark strad though, rather than on a white one like mine.
Thanks tom

Ewan

I'd try carbon first, Tom. I had some (fake) carbon trim on my white Porsche and it looked perfectly in-keeping. And as has been said above, it's a cheap mod so can always be changed.

Chat to Phil at "Stripes" in Poole and mention my name. His website is www.fantasticsigns.co.uk

StuartW

What would look best on a white car? Gloss black or carbon? I've got the carbon exterior pack on my strad too. I totally agree with what you are saying about the chrome handle, it's a bit out of place compared with the other bits on the car.
It probably stands out a bit more on a black/dark strad though, rather than on a white one like mine.
Thanks tom

Gloss black will match your window surrounds, carbon will match your boot spoiler/door handles/door mirrors so the choice is yours. I went for gloss black purely because I don't like fake carbon. It looks perfectly acceptable but I know that it's just a carbon look vinyl so would bug me. If there was an actual carbon handle available, I would go for that

colonelk

I did mine in plasti dip. Wanted to see whether I liked it first before getting it wrapped. The plasti-dip looked so good I'm not going to bother with getting it done elsewhere. I also even did the grille surround as I got so fed up with cleaning the chrome - which I think looks awesome. Peels off reasonably easily if you balls it up.