Le Mans picture/story thread

G

Guest 1678

Maverick doing his media bit!

19452886_10155041964877912_4358054906786956362_o.jpg

Photoshopped - no moth!

IMG_0366.jpg

outrun

Yes, fair enough & worth a try. I did however reject the first screen that Autoglass brought as it had started to de-laminate in the corners and had a slight warp. Apparently, this can happen when they have been in storage for a long time, so I suggest that you make sure that you inspect it thoroughly before they start the removal of your old one

By way of an update on the screen, after much faffing and waiting around for Autoglass to try and attain agreement from Admiral to supply OEM glass, they finally called and told me that Admiral refused to supply OEM to cars over 3 years old and that this is buried somewhere in the small print, clause 8786564654654, section zz, sub paragraph 98. They offered to supply the OEM if I paid the difference of £757.38.

Obviously I kindly refused and told Autoglass that I would go directly to Admiral and explain why the car should receive OEM only.

I was expecting a fight here but Admiral, to their utmost credit, deliberated for half an hour and called me back authorising the OEM replacement at no extra cost. I've been with them for years and years, and the sheer amount of premiums paid may have help as well as my explanation of the rarity of a 2 seater gloss black Stradale (there are 2 !!). So a big shout out and Thank You to Admiral for being great.

No idea how long it will take Autoglass to source an OEM screen but that's not so much of an issue as I'm too busy to use the car much just now and it's just sitting in the garage.

Worth the discussion and extra effort and my OCD is much happier now!