Le Mans picture/story thread

conaero

Forum Owner
So, I am sure you have many, Ill start with my favourite pic of the trip...

Is it rubbed in?....yes Krishna, you cant tell mate!

IMG_4779.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Got to say, it was one of, if not the best ever. The weather I think was the contributing factor, it was scorchio!

Night one when the locals opened up that disused bar and it really went off. Damo taking me to one side to observe the mayhem from afar and saying "Look what you have crated"

Seeing Hodroyd pissing in the stairwell of the hotel, has the man no shame!

IMG_4762.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Zep, doing some spontaneous gardening.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 09.58.00.jpg

The Worst Kebab Shop in the World:

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 09.59.40.jpg

The evening when popular TV half-wit Vikki Pollard dropped in for a BBQ:

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 10.00.50.jpg

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Jeez, Matt looks more Turkish than Dem in that shot. It looks like he should be serving the kebabs rather than eating them!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
You should have ordered the chicken shish that was fried not grilled!!

It was all shite, Dem! Except for the chips and chilli sauce. Can't believe we ate such bad food in France. Wednesday was amazing. A vegetable happened.

outrun

Autoglass just showed up to replace my windscreen but they brought one without the Maserati trident on it. Who would have thought that they would bother making one without it. Same glass, just no trident. They were quickly despatched and I'm waiting for the insurance to get back to me. I hope I don't have to have another Maserati based argument.....

Anyway here is a picture of her sitting in a field getting some sun.

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-20 at 21.59.28.jpg

And a very amusing video of Matt's white version. Black or white? I'll leave that to you to decide.

[video]https://youtu.be/8Lnzj7Cldcc[/video]

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
THAT's what you were doing! I thought you were giving thanks on Rob's behalf to the God of Lucky Escapes.

StuartW

Autoglass just showed up to replace my windscreen but they brought one without the Maserati trident on it. Who would have thought that they would bother making one without it. Same glass, just no trident. They were quickly despatched and I'm waiting for the insurance to get back to me. I hope I don't have to have another Maserati based argument.....

Anyway here is a picture of her sitting in a field getting some sun.

View attachment 44208

And a very amusing video of Matt's white version. Black or white? I'll leave that to you to decide.

[video]https://youtu.be/8Lnzj7Cldcc[/video]

Looking good

I had a screen without the trident fitted to my GTS. It was still made by Pilkington, in the same factory and was no different (confirmed by my MD). And according to Autoglass, it was that or nothing (nothing being my buying a Maserati factory stock screen that I import from Italy) so I went with that - life's too short to argue over a logo I decided

outrun

Looking good

I had a screen without the trident fitted to my GTS. It was still made by Pilkington, in the same factory and was no different (confirmed by my MD). And according to Autoglass, it was that or nothing (nothing being my buying a Maserati factory stock screen that I import from Italy) so I went with that - life's too short to argue over a logo I decided

The AutoGlass guy said he comes across this quite often. Apparently it's at he insurer's discretion whether they will supply factory glass. I thought it worth having the discussion anyway as they car is not in use during the day so it's no issues to wait. I agree that the glass is identical and was close to letting it go in then I thought about all the premiums I've paid over the years and why I'd like to get the proper part. I'll probably lose the fight but who knows!

StuartW

The AutoGlass guy said he comes across this quite often. Apparently it's at he insurer's discretion whether they will supply factory glass. I thought it worth having the discussion anyway as they car is not in use during the day so it's no issues to wait. I agree that the glass is identical and was close to letting it go in then I thought about all the premiums I've paid over the years and why I'd like to get the proper part. I'll probably lose the fight but who knows!

Yes, fair enough & worth a try. I did however reject the first screen that Autoglass brought as it had started to de-laminate in the corners and had a slight warp. Apparently, this can happen when they have been in storage for a long time, so I suggest that you make sure that you inspect it thoroughly before they start the removal of your old one

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I just had a call from the hotel in Fougères wondering who left these behind. Can anyone remember if any of us was wearing anything similar that evening?

images.jpeg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
More evidence has surfaced:

IMG_2673.jpg

I'm SURE someone on here must have arrived home with at least one shoe too few.