Diagnostics kit on eBay

CatmanV2

Perhaps a forum collective could buy one, move it around as and when needed by recorded delivery?

I've asked if the software can be configured to operate in English, first

<annnd apparently it can>

OK I'm up for €50 (unless Voicey advises against it)

Anyone else?

C

jluis

Hate to rain on everyone's parade but for 200 euros and including a tablet where the ad has more information about the specs of the tablet than it does on the software that interfaces with the car I'm going to venture a guess that the software is useless freeware tuning on top of a generic Bluetooth reader.

I could be wrong tough ...

jluis

Judging by the pictures the adapter and software is made by a Chinese company called "launch (x431)" and they have the software free to download via the AppStore.
You then need to buy a software module specific for each brand but I can't get to that point as I don't have the adapter.

CatmanV2

Judging by the pictures the adapter and software is made by a Chinese company called "launch (x431)" and they have the software free to download via the AppStore.
You then need to buy a software module specific for each brand but I can't get to that point as I don't have the adapter.

The x431 is not great.....

C

maverick

A little translation
This system allows for real low-end diagnostics (no simple OBD) on MASERATI vehicles, e.g.

3200 GT
GHIBLI
GRANSPORT
GRANTURISMO
GT (M138)
QUADROPORTE (M139, M156)
QUATTROPORTE MY (M139 MY)

THE SYSTEM COMPLETE IN GERMAN

For example, The following systems (availability varies depending on the model):

Engine control unit (DME)
Tiptronic
air bag
PSM
air conditioner
instrument cluster
PDC
Show keystroke / status
Convertible roof control (convertible)
To teach the steering angle
Electronic parking brake

+ MANY MORE

With this system, you can read out errors, delete them, make service restruc- tures and also perform controls for maintenance work and function tests

In addition, the system can display many real-time data such as:
Oil pressure, transmission sump temperature, operating hours, coolant

voicey

This is a hacked version of the Launch. I had a Launch in Chiswick and it was ****....

- It will not work on a 3200 (as noted above)
- PIS adjustment only works as an integar - so set the PIS to 4.7 and it will set it to 47. If this is your only tool then you're stuffed because you can only reset the PIS to 4 or 5.
- It doesn't work on later 4.7 GT/QP
- I have had it fry a brand new handbrake ECU (twice) during the bedding in procedure. Following this I forbid the use of it on Ferrari/Maserati cars

For some ECUs it works just fine, albeit with limited functionality, but the risk of a cock up is real and present. Now some of you will think that I am saying this because it is in my commercial interest to do so - however I'm happy to offer free access to my SD2/3/Leonardo for forum members (within reason). Also, if you do buy this tool then I'll fix your car if it buggers it up (for a fee).