Skye Trip

highlander

hi folks
as discussed yesterday at the Scottish meet (Thanks Jim for organising) here are some possible Friday/Saturday dates near the end of car season to consider. As a reminder,

plan A is stay at Fort William on Friday night, Italian eatery and refreshments ;) Then on Saturday morning drive single track road to Mallaig to get Ferry over to Armadale on south Skye. tour Skye stopping for lunch then either stay over Skye Saturday night or head back to a mainland hotel off Skye to save some driving going home Sunday for those not from the Highlands ;)

plan B is stay Inverness/Drummnadrochit Friday night with early evening tour of South Loch Ness road. Saturday drive over to Skye for tour and lunch then overnight again either on Skye or back on mainland.

possible dates are - 18 & 19th August, 25 & 26th August and 1 & 2nd of September.

please reply with dates you can make it, plan A or B preference and staying over Skye or mainland preference before end of week so i can then start hotel/eatery searches.

CatmanV2

hi folks
as discussed yesterday at the Scottish meet (Thanks Jim for organising) here are some possible Friday/Saturday dates near the end of car season to consider. As a reminder,

plan A is stay at Fort William on Friday night, Italian eatery and refreshments ;)

If you're in Fort William, could I recommend

http://www.crannog.net/restaurant/our-restaurant/

Without a doubt one of the best fish restaurants we've ever been in. In fact we flew up from London for dinner once (I wasn't paying) :D

C

CatmanV2

Already on my "maybe" list Mr C ;)

It really is excellent. We ate there for my 27th birthday, the first year we were married. Christ time flies. Went back about 4 years back courtesy of the company I was with. Every bit as good

C

outrun

Yeh, maybe. Will need to see how work pans out with several overseas trips lining up on the horizon.

allandwf

I'm away until the 30th August, so first two weekends out. Possibility of September but delays etc. a possibility, so put me down as a maybe only.