Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 £14.92 for 5L at Euro Car Parts

spn

A decent discount at the moment with the code CRAZY70, time to stock up.

Cheers,

Simon

conaero

Forum Owner
Thanks, 2 ordered plus I get the VAT off so that's £11.94 per 5L...criminal!

Gp79

Thanks, ordered myself with pollen filter - annual oil change after about 500 miles!

MrMickS

Cracking deal. Just ordered 10 litres for the Spider as I know that the Twin Spark engines like to drink it when driven 'enthusiastically' :D

wifedrivestheclio

Great timing as my car is in for a service next week. This is the first time I've put the GS through a service. Assuming Autoshield don't have any objections to my supplying my own oil etc. is Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 the best option for these cars?

conaero

Forum Owner
Great timing as my car is in for a service next week. This is the first time I've put the GS through a service. Assuming Autoshield don't have any objections to my supplying my own oil etc. is Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 the best option for these cars?

It is but in hotter climates the Selina 10w60 Racing hold better oil pressure when stinking hot.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Noticed that the 70% off also applies to all service parts.
So as well oil, was thinking of the pollen filter and spark plugs.
Regarding the spark plugs, NGK or Denso ?

Last edited:

miket

Eurocarparts have replied to an email I sent about the discount, Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 is only discounted 35%
The crazy70 promotion means up to 70%......

Just out of interest I had a poke round the interweb and managed 10L from carparts4less for £40.95 delivered, so almost half normal price!

Saigon

Eurocarparts have replied to an email I sent about the discount, Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 is only discounted 35%
The crazy70 promotion means up to 70%......

Just out of interest I had a poke round the interweb and managed 10L from carparts4less for £40.95 delivered, so almost half normal price!

Why do the dealers charge so much compared to the (real cost) I have just been charged 120 pounds for the oil (Helix 5W/40) used in my recent service.
Just because they can I suppose!