GTS pamper times.

Ryandoc

So she had new pads all round done a month ago and discs skimmed. Yesterday she was dropped off for a new clutch, flywheel and release bearing and Saturday coming 2 new PS4S rubbers on the rear, not to mention a proper detail and ceramic type coating a month back.

If she could just stop costing me money for a while that'd be great lol.

Looking forward to a brand new clutch. I got prices from 3 different sources for all that work if anyone is interested in it all.

Just over 2 years of onweship and cannot see for a second any hint of her going for years yet. Just itching for a drive it's been about a month since a proper one.

Next will be service in a few months think I'm due the big one, have a warranty but loathed to replace all the lambda sensors they will last 100k+ miles she's only on 42k and even if one fails it won't balls anything up.

conaero

Forum Owner
42k miles seems bang on for a clutch, lambda, yes, dont bother, when they start failing, replace them all but you should be good for 60k miles before you need to think about them.

Ryandoc

Yeah had a 6 hour drive a month back and after a little *cough* spirited driving she was having trouble slipping into first. Rather than think about it logic said time for s new clutch. And bit the bullet getting flywheel and release beating done at the same time. I've asked them to keep the removed parts so will be interesting to see what condition they are in.

Lambda thing is crazy they will last for ages, trouble is warranty in place so prob have to get hem done which is a crock of **** but hey ho.

Just itching for a drive out now!

bigbob

Yeah had a 6 hour drive a month back and after a little *cough* spirited driving she was having trouble slipping into first. Rather than think about it logic said time for s new clutch. And bit the bullet getting flywheel and release beating done at the same time. I've asked them to keep the removed parts so will be interesting to see what condition they are in.

Lambda thing is crazy they will last for ages, trouble is warranty in place so prob have to get hem done which is a crock of **** but hey ho.

Didn't see you car in the car park in AB last week Ryan. Thought you were just getting over a previous spirited drive event?

toady

So if you don't do the lamda sensors, you invalidate your (presumably) Maserati warranty??

StuartW

So if you don't do the lamda sensors, you invalidate your (presumably) Maserati warranty??

I don't believe that they are mandatory on the big service but usually, by the time they are recommended to be done, most cars are out of warranty anyway (4 years / 25k miles)
The common sense approach to the lamdas and indeed the carbon canisters is to do them when they need changing and not before. It will also depend on how good a relationship you have with your MD service manager as to whether or not they insist on them being done, in order to stamp your book

Ryandoc

Didn't see you car in the car park in AB last week Ryan. Thought you were just getting over a previous spirited drive event?

That wasn't me I was sunning myself in Spain all of last week, think my tan has washed off in the shower ....

Ryandoc

My warranty is with WD and will run out next April I think, just read different things about giving them potential to wiggle out of a claim should something go wrong but then I'm not expecting any issues before then anyway. Service will be at MD so might just have to stomach it.

Ebenezer donyou mean the old clutch parts ?? If so I've asked garage to keep them for me

toady

I don't believe that they are mandatory on the big service but usually, by the time they are recommended to be done, most cars are out of warranty anyway (4 years / 25k miles)
The common sense approach to the lamdas and indeed the carbon canisters is to do them when they need changing and not before. It will also depend on how good a relationship you have with your MD service manager as to whether or not they insist on them being done, in order to stamp your book

Thanks Stuart. I'm a little concerned at the implications. I am looking at a GT sport from a main dealer that comes with a MD warranty. 4 year service due next year. Mileage is sub 10k miles so lambda sensors and carbon canisters will not be required to be changed...so will likely ignore the schedule. I have no relationship with the local service manager (yet). No point having a MD service if they won't stamp the service book!

StuartW

Thanks Stuart. I'm a little concerned at the implications. I am looking at a GT sport from a main dealer that comes with a MD warranty. 4 year service due next year. Mileage is sub 10k miles so lambda sensors and carbon canisters will not be required to be changed...so will likely ignore the schedule. I have no relationship with the local service manager (yet). No point having a MD service if they won't stamp the service book!

Best check with the service department first and hopefully they will be reasonable about it. According to the official service schedule that I have seen, both the charcoal filter & Lambda sensors are down to be replaced at least every 4 years

beau

Ah ok, I can sell you a clutch on 42k ! lol

dont throw the flywheel/clutch/release bearing - i could essentially be interested in them haha! i found someone who could refurb the parts (mine will need doing soon) but would take a week or 2, and thats no good when you need them when the car is in the air... id have to see if they are the same part numbers as mine etc, but will be interesting to see the condition of them anyway

I'm pretty sure mine is on the original clutch at over 70k miles

its also on the original spark plugs/lambdas etc

conaero

Forum Owner
dont throw the flywheel/clutch/release bearing - i could essentially be interested in them haha! i found someone who could refurb the parts (mine will need doing soon) but would take a week or 2, and thats no good when you need them when the car is in the air... id have to see if they are the same part numbers as mine etc, but will be interesting to see the condition of them anyway

I would be interested in this but fear it will not happen. Due to the dual plate clutch's construction it makes it impossible to replace the linings...well, that was the case with the 4200 plate.

You would then need to replace/remanufacture the clutch cover ring and tangs...its not simple, but good luck if you can.

bigbob

I agree with the logic of our opinion but Maserati warranty do not look at stamps, they look at what work was done and will be a PIA just like Ferrari appear to be.

Ryandoc

Well I've asked them to box it all up so I'll get photos when I get the car back. I just wanted to see what a £1500 clutch looks like lol

beau

I would be interested in this but fear it will not happen. Due to the dual plate clutch's construction it makes it impossible to replace the linings...well, that was the case with the 4200 plate.

You would then need to replace/remanufacture the clutch cover ring and tangs...its not simple, but good luck if you can.

Well had some guy say he can do it, will see, im reluctant to do it til it breaks anyway