Silverstone Classic

MrMickS

I'm going on the Sat/Sun. I booked tickets using the Maserati Club discount code back in March or so.

MrPea

I always enjoy it. Like Mick, I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday is usually the better atmosphere for longer and it morphs from racing and car show into evening festivities but Sunday gradually empties as people head home. Sunday this year, however, has the club on a parade lap at lunch time and those are good fun.

MrPea

So, who's at Silverstone over the next two days?

Saturday:
Mr. Pea
MrMickS

Sunday:
Mr. Pea
MrMickS
StuartW???

anyone else?

Nayf

I put some (wobbly, hardly Top Gear-esque) video on the Modern Classics Facebook page. Love the MC Victory colour...

Team GCR

So, who's at Silverstone over the next two days?

I will be along later today and probably tomorrow as well.

Not taking a Maser this year though I'll be there in my black Lamborghini Jalpa which is finally back on the road!

MrPea

I will be along later today and probably tomorrow as well.

Not taking a Maser this year though I'll be there in my black Lamborghini Jalpa which is finally back on the road!
Was yours the Jalpa on the parade lap?

StuartW

Stuck in the office today sadly but I hope you're all having fun, looking forward to more photos later

MrMickS

Still having fun. Just got back from a pootle around the track. Absolutely no hanging back was done

MrMickS

Saw the GTV, it did look good. Always wanted one, but the rust issues of that era kind of put me off.

I was surprised at how few Alfa's there were there. The Giulia SS looked the business though and there were a couple of pre-war cars racing around which was a sight to see.

MrMickS

Nice video Mick, I'd love to drive around Silverstone

Cheers, it was a treat. The only thing now is that I want to drive around without being hampered by having other people in the way. Well, and with a set of brakes that I know are good for it. The current pads are a little low so I didn't want to stress them too much hence the early lift off and gradual braking.