Another lovely blue QP Sport GTS 4.2

rockits

Sure, nice car indeed.

Trouble is they start getting into a funny place at that price level. You are getting into a 4.7 at that level & I know if there's is one thing I would like in my QP is the 4.7. That little extra just would finish the car off perfectly. The 4.2 is quick enough but not quite there 100%. It is an very nearly there almost car and I think the 4.7 would finish it. As would.the GTS suspension & brake setup. Although I haven't driven a 4.7 QP yet to compare.

Ewan

Nice car, but previously driven by a Radio 1 listener (which is not a good thing). Shame the interior has no alcantara - to me that is a crucial part of what sets the GTS apart. Looks like I should up my price.

m1980k

Interesting how few of the GTSs actually have the alcantara inserts. Shame.

You could get a freer flowing exhaust and remap to get 4.7 power. For me, a huge part of the QPV appeal is the looks and the 4.7 nose is far less attractive.

This has twice the miles of the TH Boler car and is 4k more expensive. That car has been for sale for a while, although the black/black colour scheme might be the reason for that.

rockits

I agree the GTS needs the Alcatara same as a Strad for me. The GTi-6 is the same (well not quite!) & is much better for half leather/half alcatara over the half leather/half cloth. I couldn't buy a GTS or Strad without Alcantara.

ChrisQP09

I do love the usual colours on the GTS but Nero Carbonio was the launch colour and gives the car a whole different look of aggression!

Same goes for interior, per Maserati brochure, the car is meant to be blacked out!

ChrisQP09

I do love the usual colours on the GTS but Nero Carbonio was the launch colour and gives the car a whole different look of aggression!

Same goes for interior, per Maserati brochure, the car is meant to be blacked out!

Andyk

Nice car, but previously driven by a Radio 1 listener (which is not a good thing). Shame the interior has no alcantara - to me that is a crucial part of what sets the GTS apart. Looks like I should up my price.

Agree on the Alcantara Ewan....Yours is far nicer. Rare colour though .... Like yours.

I get the 4.7 piece but it would have to be a GTS as the standard car with that grill just doesn't move me. Suppose you could change that though. Still think Ewan's shape is the best looking QP Maserati hVe made though.

Andyk

Interesting how few of the GTSs actually have the alcantara inserts. Shame.

You could get a freer flowing exhaust and remap to get 4.7 power. For me, a huge part of the QPV appeal is the looks and the 4.7 nose is far less attractive.

This has twice the miles of the TH Boler car and is 4k more expensive. That car has been for sale for a while, although the black/black colour scheme might be the reason for that.

Yes that Boler one has been for sale for age....It's Grigio Granito I thought ? Look at the pictures and it just doesn't look as nice as others....Could be the all black leather...Needs the alcantara just to set it apart from a normal Sport. It has red stitching though. Feels a good price as well....

D Walker

You should buy it then Andy,
Since the guys have mentioned it I've been looking at finance deals and you could be in Ewan's car far cheaper than you may think.

Andyk

You should buy it then Andy,
Since the guys have mentioned it I've been looking at finance deals and you could be in Ewan's car far cheaper than you may think.

Really.....I would imagine that will be gone when the chap looks at it today I think....

ChrisQP09

So directly from my official GT S Brochure it seems that my old GT S, albeit specified in Leather, is probably the closest match or as Maserati originally intended it!

IMG_0333.jpg
fullsizeoutput_95.jpg
fullsizeoutput_94.jpg
fullsizeoutput_8f.jpg
fullsizeoutput_8e.jpg
fullsizeoutput_91.jpg
fullsizeoutput_93.jpg

IMG-20151012-WA0001.jpg
maserati-quattroporte-pininfarina-sport-gts-S1829761-6.jpg
maserati-quattroporte-pininfarina-sport-gts-S1829761-8.jpg
maserati-quattroporte-pininfarina-sport-gts-S1829761-2.jpg
IMG_20150530_173856.jpg

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I do love the usual colours on the GTS but Nero Carbonio was the launch colour and gives the car a whole different look of aggression! Same goes for interior, per Maserati brochure, the car is meant to be blacked out!
Nah, has to be a light-coloured interior for me.

Ewan

Chris - that's a late brochure. The launch car was in Blu Med, not black. With alcantara, not leather. Nothing wrong with a black car, with black interior (I have one myself, a Range Rover), but it's not how the GTS was launched.

The chance of my managing to scan the launch brochure and post on here the correct way round/up is jolly slim, but come Monday when I'm back in my office, I'll give it a whirl.

Andyk

Wildly overpriced. Basically asking for about £8k extra for GTS over Sport, but all at pre-facelift 4.2

Probably only by a couple of K....As a ukelele they do seem to be a big chunk of money more an a Sport QP of the same year. It's hard to say if it is or not as there are a just not many for sale at any given time and you can sort of ask what you want within reason. Prices seem to be 23k to 28k at the moment. I don't think this model will drop much in price now either.