'Totting Points' Ban

iainw

They all keep them until they are convicted after they have died or retired.
It's massively common

Phil H

Lets not get confused here , nobody can say they never go over 30 in a built up area but if a driver has multiple convictions in urban areas that says to me they're always driving at 35-40

I'd say 90% of my 30 is 30 as I make a conscious effort to do it , I do however find driving at 20 almost impossible

When I see drivers coming past me at 40 it's either 17-25 who think they're in a hurry or pensioners who drove at that speed in the 70s and 80s

In the 80s I had a mate who was annoyed because he'd been caught doing 41, 40 and they wouldn't have stopped him.

Interesting views there Wack. On the one hand you pigeon-hole and criticise drivers on account of their age (do you stop them and ask for proof of age perchance?), whilst in post 53 you advocate Waze which seemingly helps you avoid speeding tickets. Surely, if you were better than the foolhardy youngsters and pensioners you criticise you wouldn't need Waze.

I might assume that as a cautious driver you've never exceeded the speed limit in your Maserati, but as a pensioner I've learned not to make stupid and arrogant assumptions about people I don't know.

PH

Wack61

Interesting views there Wack. On the one hand you pigeon-hole and criticise drivers on account of their age (do you stop them and ask for proof of age perchance?), whilst in post 53 you advocate Waze which seemingly helps you avoid speeding tickets. Surely, if you were better than the foolhardy youngsters and pensioners you criticise you wouldn't need Waze.

I might assume that as a cautious driver you've never exceeded the speed limit in your Maserati, but as a pensioner I've learned not to make stupid and arrogant assumptions about people I don't know.

PH

I don't need WAZE in urban areas and they're just observations of the people that overtake me in 30 limits or catch me up at rapid speed then drive right up my **** because they don't like driving at 30

Like this **** for instance, caught him at the lights a mile up the road, pensioner with his probably long suffering wife sat next to him

https://youtu.be/F5pRhBHRyFs

Keano

i spent sme money on Mason and on another local Barrister and my wifes original advice was spot on.... admit it and write the cheque. 104mph and a 1 month ban with a fine is not the end of the world. the money saved on barristers will pay for taxis etc.

jemgee

Seem to remember reading about speed limits and just found it - see page 8 clause 9.6

https://www.cambs.police.uk/roadsafety/docs/201305-uoba-joining-forces-safer-roads.pdf.

I got done at 38 on a dual carriageway which changed in its length from 40 to 30. The speed awareness course was a bit of a surprise - things like 40 mph road approching a roundabout - then the road out has 30 sign right on the bend which you don't notice while changing gear, steering and accelerating.

The other was the instructor insisting that I had to slow down only with braking and changing straight into a low gear - not using engine breaking. Pity I didn't have a sequential box and paddles in my Insignia cos I would have been asking pointed questions of this IAM instructor

The one thing to remember is street lighting = 30 mph unless signed at higher speed. Simples

CatmanV2

The other was the instructor insisting that I had to slow down only with braking and changing straight into a low gear - not using engine breaking. Pity I didn't have a sequential box and paddles in my Insignia cos I would have been asking pointed questions of this IAM instructor

Hmm rather contradictory to the always being in the correct gear....

C