Facelift GranTurismo test drive

Andyk

Likeable car.....off the pace....Yes you are right BB can't see them shifting many. I do like the front end though.

MrMickS

They are still selling a few thousand a year worldwide. I suspect that the cost of the changes are fairly small so by now there is a decent profit on each one sold. Sales are well down on the first few years of the GT though and they must see this. A new car really would give the sales a kick.

What is interesting, and a bit worrying, is that Levante sales in the US aren't that good. They've sold more in Europe than in the US and I'd have thought that it would have been the other way around.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting that, Bob. The comments are good and for the most part they say cobblers to crarp like infotainment and all that shite, the GTS is a beautiful car and drives just fine. And I agree. It is, and it does. I love mine and see no reason to replace it with a new one for an extra £70k.

PS - I've decided I do like the new front end but I don't think it suits the car. Old one preferred.

bigbob

Thanks for posting that, Bob. The comments are good and for the most part they say cobblers to crarp like infotainment and all that shite, the GTS is a beautiful car and drives just fine. And I agree. It is, and it does. I love mine and see no reason to replace it with a new one for an extra £70k.

PS - I've decided I do like the new front end but I don't think it suits the car. Old one preferred.

Pleasure. I prefer this new mark III front end to the mark II but it's academic as I'm sitting on mine too as it's too similar to trade up to.

Andyk

Just been on the web site to build a GT. interesting that the two models have the same power, same 0 to 60 and same top speed but the MC one is 106k and the standard car 94k... So why do you get for your extra money.... You may say it's lighter due to the carbon bonnet etc but that isn't showing in the performance figures. Probably a better handling car as I take it it has the Stradale set up. On the face of it you are better off with the cheaper car maybe .... as long as you can do without the bonnet scoop and other Stradale bits. See you can have lots of colours now including the Centenary Stradale colours as long as you don't mind spending the £7100 they are asking for me them !!!!!

zuhzuhzombie

They are still selling a few thousand a year worldwide. I suspect that the cost of the changes are fairly small so by now there is a decent profit on each one sold. Sales are well down on the first few years of the GT though and they must see this. A new car really would give the sales a kick.

What is interesting, and a bit worrying, is that Levante sales in the US aren't that good. They've sold more in Europe than in the US and I'd have thought that it would have been the other way around.

I'm considering one. But they're a fair bit overpriced for what you get. The Cayenne is very strong competition.

Andyk

Another good review in this months EVO...Very much like the others....4 out of 5 stars....Reading though I still don't see the extra 10k is worth it for the MC over the sport as its 7kg lighter but they say dynamically no different....drops the 0 to 62 down by a tenth.....you wouldn't even feel that.