Decent review from evo...hopefully keep the lights on in Modena for a bit longer?

Andyk

That's a really good review....?.So we know it's dared but they put that in perspective as that's not such a bad thing.....I am really loving the styling changes but wonder if the extra 10k over the Sport is worth it for no extra performance. I didn't realise they still made the 4.2 ..... They couldn't have sold any in the UK for years as you never see used ones coming up from the 4 years or so.

sofasurfer

This quote from the review

"In a world obsessed by the pursuit of unusable performance the Maserati GranTurismo is a reminder that impressive numbers don’t mean much"

just about sums it all up for me. Once people stop worrying about playing Top Trumps the better.

Ebenezer

"flat-plane crankshaft V8 come on cam and wind its way up to a 7,500rpm redline"

Thought Masers were given the cross plane which was smoother but didn't rev so quickly, nor sound quite so loud?
Eb

Last edited:

CatmanV2

Indeed they are cross plane, should have been a bloody journalist. Seems you can be wrong nearly all the time.

C

azapa

Great review and a well respected rag.

Am I correct in understanding there are no more F1 boxes sold in the GranTourism0? The MC is just a tarted up slush-boxer?

JonW

I think the evo review and the Pistonheads write up are both encouraging, and show that there is still a target audience out there who understand the appeal and who will buy the new GTS.

The really interesting question is whether the fact that this will be the last Granturismo with an NA V8 will encourage more people to buy them as a future classic?

timmyjimmy

I think the evo review and the Pistonheads write up are both encouraging, and show that there is still a target audience out there who understand the appeal and who will buy the new GTS.

The really interesting question is whether the fact that this will be the last Granturismo with an NA V8 will encourage more people to buy them as a future classic?

We can live in hope!

timmyjimmy

We can live in hope!

MrMickS

Its a good review, points out the short-comings, but also the fact that the star is the engine.