Impressed :)

ofenomeno99

Just went on my first long distance trip with my Maserati GTS MC Shift and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Drove from Manchester to London and back on less than one tank of petrol with the cruise control set to 75 mph. The journey was around 400 miles. Do you all see those figures on long trips?

Just a quick rant – I've been reading a lot of reviews recently on how out of date our cars are in terms of power and technology, yet I still struggle to think of any other car that has been in production for 10 years, yet is more exciting than possibly anything on the road, and arguably better looking than any car that is in production right now.

It just made me realise how timeless our cars are, and I'm glad that during that time at least, Maserati focussed on producing a machine that focuses on the core pleasure of driving and bonding with the cars soul, and not on following the trends and jamming the car with all the latest technology - leading to a boring old car filled with obsolete technology – because as you know – technology is old the second the latest version comes out, however, our cars just keep on getting better and more special with time.

Not the best picture of my car as it's the only one I have on my phone - will be doing what I did to my previous GT - Carbon Fibre lip/ mirror caps/door handles, and painting the surrounding chrome bits to black. Also thinking of painting the break callipers to the Maserati blue ones, always thought it would go well with the exterior.

Let me know what your thoughts are!

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

Swedish Paul

Just got 23 mpg out of my GS averaging 60 mph on the Swedish equivalent of an a-road blast over 4 hours.

Ryandoc

I can get 24 mpg on a regular long run of mine.

I've spent 5 hours sat in mine in the blazing sunshine this last 2 days, still find it an intoxicating car. Monday I was sat in a £1.5M 918 spider, don't get me wrong it's epic, but I looked over to the GT and I genuinely considered it far far more sexier and just a thing of beauty

Ryandoc

I've spent 5 hours sat in mine in the blazing sunshine this last 2 days, still find it an intoxicating car. Monday I was sat in a £1.5M 918 spider, don't get me wrong it's epic, but I looked over to the GT and I genuinely considered it far far more sexier and just a thing of beauty

iainw

Being honest- I love my Cali but I miss the GTs I had moulded to be my perfect one. My plan is to keep working hard and secretly save for a 4 seat stradale to complement it. I just think their looks are peerless

Ryandoc

It really is a truly timeless classic design, it will age because of the fact it's already been invented, but it'll age sooo bloody good. Then the noise just tops it off.

Wack61

Fill it up, drive, fill it up , calculate distance driven by fuel used = mpg

It's what we did before Tinternet and fuel computers

Swedish Paul

Fill the tank to the brim. Reset miles to zero, when refilling, whatever you fill is what you used, and you know how far you have gone.

Andyk

Sounds like you are smitten.....The GT will be regarded by many I'm sure as the last great Maserati because of RS beautiful styling and the NA V8.......it's all school and all the better for it....What would make it even more old school was if it had a manual box as well.......but can't see any Maserati ever having one again even though a few like Porsche and Aston are putting manuals back in their high performance cars.....Also you will not see another MC/duo select shift as all Maserati's in the future will be full auto if you believe the interview with the CEO. Enjoy your brilliant Maserati.

FF1078

I got 29.8mpg at 70 on cruise in my old GTs MC from York to London and back again. I could have done it on one tank but I didn't want to take the fuel tank that low.
It was quite a boring drive but good to see what you can actually get if driven steady.
I'd go for red calipers
Lovely car BTW

dannywooly

I've got 33 on the way back from Chester when i picked it up was being careful and mostly motorway no traffic, however mixed driving around and to work i get 21mpg on average

Spartacus

I got 11 mpg on the Le Mans trip, its gone back to 17 now . revving it at full throttle at every set of traffice light s does nt help ...but is worth it

ofenomeno99

Mine goes down to 11 mpg when using it around town - really hard to take it out of second gear.

Also, even though the MC Shift is a single clutch, I can't believe how different it is to the GS that I had - it almost feels like a double clutch transmission. Albeit, I really do miss the GS and I really do hope that I can get one to keep forever along side the Granturismo.

There's a 2005 GS in Kuwait where I used to live with around 30,000 miles on the clock and the lady (first owner) wants £10,000 for it - it is on my radar - hope to get it shipped out over here.