Waze newbie - idiots guide

hoyin

You should note that Waze is owned by google. And I think that Waze uses the Google information and then analyses it in its own way.

I use it all the time and in central London it is a life saver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockits

I have used Waze for a while & been very impressed. I have often used both Waze & Google Maps on my Android phone at the same time & funny to see them fighting for the best/quickest route that Waze often wins.

Both get it wrong sometimes but they all do. More than not it gets it right. The very creative back street routes Waze often uses where Google Maps would never think of these or offer these.

Which it would rotate to portrait upside down though! Google Maps does but Waze doesn't for some reason. My charger point is at the bottom of my phone and a pop it upside down in the cup holder sometimes. Silly Waze doesn't rotate all ways but I guess I should install my ball magnet dock points!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Being using Waze for the last week.
I certainly do like the speed limit info and speed camera notification for sure.
Driving home from Milton Keynes up the M1 was a big disappointment for Waze however.
Decided to run Google maps on one phone and Waze on the other. Half way home Waze starting flashing up notifications of traffic problems ahead from other users, but decided to do nothing about avoiding them. At the same time Google instructed to come off at the next junction as staying on the M1 would be 35 minutes longer. Decided to go with Google while Waze wanted to stay on the M1 even though it was clear standing traffic was ahead from its own users. At one point I crossed over the top of the M1 and indeed it was a carpark, but Waze wanted to get straight back on.
I don't know how Waze gets its info, if just from other users there simply isn't enough, maybe in crowded urban areas it is enough?
I think I will still use it just for the speed camera info, but presently not solely on a road trip of any distance.

Ryandoc

I've not used mine for directions yet, just had it plugged in and on. Saying that I'd wish I'd used it on Friday, did 300 miles and made a bad decision which I paid for