Thinking of buying a GranTurismo 2007-2008

GeoffCapes

As a guide, I have just been offered a 2011 MC-Shift in dark blue with tan interior, 41k miles, full main dealer history, full Sportline carbon pack, for £36k. It has a brand new MOT, new service, and an independent inspection.

It's easy to buy a 4.7 GT for mid thirties now, but most are auto versions. Private sales are cheaper but harder to find. But that's where the forum and the owners club become useful.

That is ridiculously cheap. What was wrong with it.
That should be up for 45-50k

Ewan

Normal private sale price. Would be up at maybe £43k via Dicky or Nareman, but that would have included some pre-sale work and their profit, plus some room for negotiation. So £36k was merely the (approximate) trade rate.

GeoffCapes

Normal private sale price. Would be up at maybe £43k via Dicky or Nareman, but that would have included some pre-sale work and their profit, plus some room for negotiation. So £36k was merely the (approximate) trade rate.

Grab yourself a bargain then!

Contigo

Sponsor
As a guide, I have just been offered a 2011 MC-Shift in dark blue with tan interior, 41k miles, full main dealer history, full Sportline carbon pack, for £36k. It has a brand new MOT, new service, and an independent inspection.

It's easy to buy a 4.7 GT for mid thirties now, but most are auto versions. Private sales are cheaper but harder to find. But that's where the forum and the owners club become useful.

No panic here Ewan was just surprised as I like to think I keep an eye on the market etc... That is a stonking price for that car and sounds very much like the same spec as Myles car on here.

Ewan

I'm not really in the market for a GT just yet. I do fancy trying an MC-Shift for a bit, but would need to sell the QP GTS first. They are too similar to justify having both, as well as the MC-V (which is a keeper).

The blue car I mentioned (owned by a work colleague of a friend of mine) is now sold by the way. Apparently he wanted it gone so was happy to take a trade price.

nick1981

Thanks guys - I ventured to Westfield this morning with the hope that I could drop by Nuvola (plus do some other shopping - god I hate malls) but they told me they are in the process of relocating and therefore we arranged to meet after they move to their new premises somewhere in Chelsea (business must be doing well).

D Walker

Almost identical to mine except for carbon pack and the interior (thank God). Mine's got less miles and is a 14 plate but more owners and was a reasonable amount less than that.

Yep, you did well there, I realised it had come back, or went missing from site for a while, still beyond me tho...
Enjoy...

Ewan

The mistake I made was actually bothering to test drive one - as soon as I did that I was hooked. And the car Emblem had was the ideal spec (other than not being blue) with the Sport Line spoilers front and rear, shadow line window surrounds and exhaust, carbon interior trim etc. And as they were merely acting as the introducer, I bought it direct from the owner at a private sale price (but with the back up, knowledge and inspection skills of Emblem). It was all too good an opportunity to miss even though, in theory, I wasn't in the market.

Having dug out the relevant 2011 brochure I see it's actually simply known as the GranTurismo S. Apparently the "MC Shift" bit is not in the title. They made the GranTurismo (a 4.2 auto), the GranTurismo S Auto (a 4.7 auto) and the GranTurismo S (a 4.7 with the MC Shift gearbox).

I'll go through the brochure later to see what it added up to, with all the extras, but it's looking like £100k near as matters. Didn't remember them being that expensive.

iainw

The mistake I made was actually bothering to test drive one - as soon as I did that I was hooked. And the car Emblem had was the ideal spec (other than not being blue) with the Sport Line spoilers front and rear, shadow line window surrounds and exhaust, carbon interior trim etc. And as they were merely acting as the introducer, I bought it direct from the owner at a private sale price (but with the back up, knowledge and inspection skills of Emblem). It was all too good an opportunity to miss even though, in theory, I wasn't in the market.

Having dug out the relevant 2011 brochure I see it's actually simply known as the GranTurismo S. Apparently the "MC Shift" bit is not in the title. They made the GranTurismo (a 4.2 auto), the GranTurismo S Auto (a 4.7 auto) and the GranTurismo S (a 4.7 with the MC Shift gearbox).

I'll go through the brochure later to see what it added up to, with all the extras, but it's looking like £100k near as matters. Didn't remember them being that expensive.

The MC Sportline pack was expensive ++ from factory.
Mine had almost 20,000 worth of carbon.
Does it have alcantara headlining and pillars etc?
Its eye watering how the extras add up..

It could be worse - it could be £4,300 for a carbon cup holder like the Sister Marque..

granturismo

Not yet but I can't get hold of Nareman last couple of days.... the red one - outside is lovely and then inside just sea of red...

WLJayne

Crikey! The early cars have plummeted since I last looked a year or so ago! I've been so caught up window shopping QP's and coupes that I haven't even noticed the GTS's coming down! I quite like idea of a quick but not hair raising grand tourer.

The missus and I saw a black 2007/8 4.2 GTS in a car park the other day, she was dead keen on it. Would hate to deny her xD!!!