Gransport wanted

leeq61

Very helpful guys thanks!
I've spotted a silver one on autotrader with a dealer 40k miles, it's an LE model too. What are your thoughts on this one?
Thanks tom.

That will be the car at Nuvola. Great dealership to deal with, it's where i purchased my Gransport. Great service and the car prep was spot on. You pay slightly more than private sales etc as you get the 12 month warranty with the car.

hashluck

Seconded on this dealer but Nareman does need to justify the price on this one compared to similar cars at other dealer(s)

safrane

His prices reflect London, but of course there is always room to negotiate.

What he does do is supply a first rate car with all issues dealt with which adds to the end price.

conaero

Forum Owner
Silver is a great colour on a GS, I dont know why but I have always really liked it.

FA57GTA

Ok my friend has spotted the one at Richard grace cars. It's the 32k miles one in a pale silver blue colour. Does anyone know the car? It doesn't state if it's an LE or not? It has full leather, parking sensors, xenons, auto rear view mirror etc.
Any thoughts on this car would be great.
Thanks tom.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I know it! No xenons so not an LE; impeccable condition and always been meticulously maintained.

FA57GTA

I think really he wants as lower miles and LE if possible, I know it's going to be a tough task!!

safrane

With these cars being 11+ years old now what is low miles?

Mine has an average of 5k pa, which in my book is low mileage...but it still adds up to a grand total.

I have used my 07 plate LE throughout the 12 months since I bought it last september and put on 2k miles - its now at 28k. It will be SORN'd in September and in hiberantion for 6 months so I will use it only for 6 months in 2018 - so I estimate I will put on 1k miles in 6 months in 2018 making it a sub-30k miles 11-year-old car. The Porsche did 1300 miles this year and is now SORN'd and hibernating until March 2018. It has 36k miles and is 02 plate making it 15 years old. I bought it at 22k miles in Aug 2012.

I am fortunate in that I can split my week-end toys mileages between the two cars doing a total of around 3k between the two of them.

conaero

Forum Owner
Pete, I would say, 2-3k per annum is a low mileage car, 4k-5k average and 6-8k plus is high.

Don't get me wrong, 6-8k is still low mileage for a modern road car but these are not in that category and in reality, finding a GS with less than 49,999 miles on it is getter tougher as time goes on.

Ewan

I've done 1600 miles in the MC-V in the last 13 months, which is more than I expected to. But one trip to the Loire Valley and back was the majority of that. It'll be less over the next year. I'd agree that anything below about 3k per year would be deemed low mileage on car like a GS.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I think really he wants as lower miles and LE if possible, I know it's going to be a tough task!!

A low (sub 30k miles LE) is £40k now if perfect. The only thing mine doesn't have is xenons otherwise it is LE spec. I am finding it incredibly hard to find them; why would anyone sell a low mile LE now just as they're increasing in price significantly.

conaero

Forum Owner
I've done 1600 miles in the MC-V in the last 13 months, which is more than I expected to. But one trip to the Loire Valley and back was the majority of that. It'll be less over the next year. I'd agree that anything below about 3k per year would be deemed low mileage on car like a GS.

That's the issue I have too Ewan, euro trips plus a couple of events up the country and that's me done for the year.

I don't really use the car from week to week on local journeys, shame.

Think the Opel has done 54 miles between mot's this year.

hashluck

A low (sub 30k miles LE) is £40k now if perfect. The only thing mine doesn't have is xenons otherwise it is LE spec. I am finding it incredibly hard to find them; why would anyone sell a low mile LE now just as they're increasing in price significantly.

The trouble with buying a low mile car of this age is you cannot use it! The whole raison d'etre is the low miles so you end up in a catch 22 and would end up just looking at it in the garage with all the inherent reliability pitfalls of doing so. I also don't get the LE obsession on GS. Each car should be considered on its own merits. Your Argento Luna car looks lovely and would seem to fit the brief of the potential buyer perfectly. I cannot think of any feature of the LE spec which were not nearly always optioned on all GS or are not that important or cannot be retrofitted. Full leather and Xenons are the usual exceptions as they were expensive options. Full leather is a matter of personal choice. The Xenons were not that great anyway (this is a 12 year old car after all) and I certainly would not dismiss the Argento Luna car just for not having those (on a car that is otherwise 'LE' spec anyway).

You do of course have a very nice LE car in stock should the LE obsession prevail :) This one will probably get ruled out due to its positively galactic mileage ;)

FA57GTA

Yeah my mate is a bit of a woman getting his knickers in a twist about mileage! Ha ha!

DaveT

It's a lovely looker that one Dicky. Always liked that colour in a 4200. Even nicer in a GS.

safrane

Pete, I would say, 2-3k per annum is a low mileage car, 4k-5k average and 6-8k plus is high.

Don't get me wrong, 6-8k is still low mileage for a modern road car but these are not in that category and in reality, finding a GS with less than 49,999 miles on it is getter tougher as time goes on.

I have always considered the Maserati to be a more usable car than a Ferrari etc and as such are used more by their initial owners.

As such milage is likely to be higher than said Ferrari etc

D Walker

Got to say I never used my 4200 at night so the Xenons were wasted on me anyway.....