Group Buy - XCarLink

outrun

Someone try it out and post a video of it working and I will most likely have one. I'd like to ensure that it works well with Waze or a similar nav app as well as streaming from Tidal/Spotify/Deezer type services.

spkennyuk

I can test the direct wifi and turbo download function to see if waze / maps will still work. I will try it with a television later when ivget chance. I dont know if apple phones have the same option or not.

Devonboy

Qp v gts

I did ask that and maybe, he's checking but not on the early QP no.

I have a 2010 QP V GTS and the unit has Bluetooth.

I would be interested with the reverse camera but also would like some ideas as to who could fit cos I wouldn't attempt it!

iainw

It sounds like a brilliant idea Matt.

I would definitely get one if I still had the GTS.

Do you know if he can do it for any other cars?

conaero

Forum Owner
Reply from Jan:

Yes the phone will still continue to receive 4G mobile data as normal when connected to our device via Wifi. The Wifi connection is specifically for mirroring and all existing mobile data communications will still be active allowing you to make fully use of all apps within the vehicle.

conaero

Forum Owner
I haven't had a chance to do anything yet. I have to pay for one to test it first before I am happy to release it to you guys.

There is some fears that if you wirelessly connect over wifi that you won't be able to use your 4G.

Jan, who is suppliying the units says this is not the case but we know iPhones dont serve wifi and 4G at the same time, it's one or the other.

I'll get one ordered next week on the proviso that if it doesn't I can get a refund.

AaronE

out of curiosity, has anyone seen the opposite? instead of inserting a video stream into the LVDS signal, taking the LVDS signal and translating it to video (or even better, encoding it to a network stream).

I've wanted to replace the NIT screen with an iPad, but don't want to lose the ability to change the various NIT only settings.

montravia

Any luck with this Matt?

It's about 1/2 the price of a second hand NIT, and wondered if you'd had time to check it out?

conaero

Forum Owner
Any luck with this Matt?

It's about 1/2 the price of a second hand NIT, and wondered if you'd had time to check it out?

After working out the satnav and the ability to store all the places in the directory and pinpoint location by DMS co ordinates I don't really need it so didn't bother in the end.