New brakes - issues?

P R

OK so its got worse, so I have booked it in. They are collecting this time week after next.

GeoffCapes

OK so its got worse, so I have booked it in. They are collecting this time week after next.

2 weeks time!!! If it's their problem to sort, they should be fixing it yesterday!
Especially as it's the brakes.

What if it was a daily?

P R

2 weeks time!!! If it's their problem to sort, they should be fixing it yesterday!
Especially as it's the brakes.

What if it was a daily?

It is a daily! That's the first time they have a loan car (well, the Monday is but they can collect on the Tues)

CatmanV2

It is a daily! That's the first time they have a loan car (well, the Monday is but they can collect on the Tues)

I'd suggest you hire one and send them the bill
(or possibly suggest to them that your solicitor suggests they hire one for you....)

C

P R

So the story so far is:
They are certain that the discs are warped (again) by measuring run out (including refitting disc and re checking).
The hubs are fine
The can't see an issue with the alloys.
Maserati have initially said they wont cover the discs (despite them lasting only 180 miles)!
This has taken 8 days so far.

MrMickS

Maserati have initially said they wont cover the discs (despite them lasting only 180 miles)!
This has taken 8 days so far.

I don't understand this. What are they suggesting that you are doing to warp the discs in 180 miles? Its has to be either faulty fitting or defective parts. I can't see how you could drive it in a manner that would cause them to warp in that time. Especially given the number of miles it took for you to wear down your initial set of pads.

bigbob

Personally I would turn this into a deal on a new car. They must have a selection of deep discount new diesel Ghiblis' to get your hands on?

P R

I don't understand this. What are they suggesting that you are doing to warp the discs in 180 miles? Its has to be either faulty fitting or defective parts. I can't see how you could drive it in a manner that would cause them to warp in that time. Especially given the number of miles it took for you to wear down your initial set of pads.

God knows. I am also a bit concerned that when they do replace them, the same thing is almost inevitably going to happen again. Nothing has been found to suggest why this keeps happening

P R

Personally I would turn this into a deal on a new car. They must have a selection of deep discount new diesel Ghiblis' to get your hands on?

Mine is quite well specced, and apart from this annoyance with the brakes its been great. I'd rather keep it.

MrMickS

Oddly, speaking to the dealer the other week, they still have decent demand for diesel Ghiblis and Levantes. I guess that if you're buying a Maserati diesel the tax increase is proportionally smaller than cheaper cars so nothing to worry about.

bigbob

Oddly, speaking to the dealer the other week, they still have decent demand for diesel Ghiblis and Levantes. I guess that if you're buying a Maserati diesel the tax increase is proportionally smaller than cheaper cars so nothing to worry about.

Some of the pre-reg Ghibli diesels are very cheap and are very tempting as obviously are Euro6.

P R

I don't believe they are warped, personally

C

I'm not convinced either, but they say they have checked the run out twice. This DVT I have read about gives the same outcome with a DTI gauge though doesn't it?

CatmanV2

I have no idea what this DVT is I'm afraid. A DTI would certainly be what I would use.

I would really ask them why they are getting warped. Possibly ask to see them being tested and then find another dealer.....

C

P R

I have no idea what this DVT is I'm afraid. A DTI would certainly be what I would use.

I would really ask them why they are getting warped. Possibly ask to see them being tested and then find another dealer.....

C
I only know as I have been googling warped discs and causes..
http://www.apecbraking.co.uk/getatt...ding-Brake-Judder-and-Preventative-Steps.aspx

I told the service manager yesterday that in my opinion if they fit new discs they will end up like these (as evidenced by the original discs, the new discs, the new skimmed discs, and now these replacement new discs ALL having the same issue!). Madness really

CatmanV2

Right got it.

So a DTI won't show DVT. I can imagine that the are suffering from DVT (not warping) but given it's happened to what, three sets in a row I'd be looking at the hubs (based on that article)

C

P R

Right got it.

So a DTI won't show DVT. I can imagine that the are suffering from DVT (not warping) but given it's happened to what, three sets in a row I'd be looking at the hubs (based on that article)

C
Yes they've checked the hubs.. as did my local garage. They're fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk