GS wow - forgot how great

EnzoMC

Its been awhile since I've had time to enjoy the car or had no issues (touch wood)

all is well… :)

I took her out for a 4 hour drive yesterday and WOW I forgot how great the GS is.

The handling and sterling is amazing but the GS is way..way..way more capable than my limited fast driving talent. Speaking to Benny awhile back, he commented that these cars will not kick out on bends (unless you’re being silly) and wow he was right - the GS handing is like glue but a few times I did lift off which I think upset the GS handling.

Recommend A506 between Baldock – Cumberlow Green if you’re around that area

The sound I think is amazing still, maybe inside the car it seems it’s not that loud but outside, a friend heard the GS coming before even seeing it - so can't be that bad.

The seat I already know are very comfortable, I’ve driven to Italy then south of France and home with no issues and yesterday was no exception – if you’ve not done a SM euro trip – do it ! (I wish I could)

So windows down and then down shift still gives me a massive smile – my gearbox has only done ¼ of the mileage of the car so is still smooth and still amazing bit of kit – yes they could be faster but think it works very well for the GS – The modern Maserati’s I think should be using double clutch gearboxes by now

Acceleration in today’s standard maybe dropping off but still the smooth push into the seat as you hit the floor and seeing the distance getting closer very quick is still additive – that engine and the sound it gives is fantastic and the GS is still just above a 4second 0-60

mines clocked 70,000 and think it drives as if its done half that, maybe because the amount of money I’ve put into her and I think it shows. I just can not think of another car for this sort of money with the styling, the lovely interior, the amazing engine, the sound and the wow factor of a GS….

Bad part about the GS is putting her away after getting home and the fact that the next drive maybe not for a while but its something to look forward too :)

forum01.jpg

forum02.jpg

philgarner

Black looks amazing just after it's been washed and waxed! Shame its so hard to keep looking that good.

Had a similar spirited drive yesterday out to Kirkby Lonsdale/Sedbergh, found some fun new roads.

EnzoMC

Black looks amazing just after it's been washed and waxed! Shame its so hard to keep looking that good.

Had a similar spirited drive yesterday out to Kirkby Lonsdale/Sedbergh, found some fun new roads.

not any more with Gtechniq CS on it :)

conaero

Forum Owner
thanks Matt - I know the Stradale is the MAS to have (other than the MC12) but do you miss the GS at all for anything ?

Not at the moment as the Strad is the apple of my eye, but in time yes. They are great cars. Ive had 2, a third might not be unrealistic at some point.

I am sold on white though, I can take it out the garage and just drive it where with the darker colours is shows all the dust and rubbish. Graphite wheels and carbon pads means they never look dirty either. It really is the lazy Maserati drivers best combination.

IMG_4732.jpg

iainw

not any more with Gtechniq CS on it :)

That looks amazing mate. Just such a gorgeous car for the money.
Is that Gtechniq CS good?
My black car has gone from looking concourse to shambles in weeks. I just can't get anyone I trust to wash it - and I certainly don't have the time.

EnzoMC

That looks amazing mate. Just such a gorgeous car for the money.
Is that Gtechniq CS good?
My black car has gone from looking concourse to shambles in weeks. I just can't get anyone I trust to wash it - and I certainly don't have the time.

thank you and yes its good as a base pretection, EXO is the layer to repel dirt and water but the paintwork has to be good otherwise you're sealing in the swirl

not sure if you are local but offer SM deals on detailing services if interested

JonW

thank you and yes its good as a base pretection, EXO is the layer to repel dirt and water but the paintwork has to be good otherwise you're sealing in the swirl

not sure if you are local but offer SM deals on detailing services if interested

Wow - that is a stunning level of shine on your car...

I'd be very interested in hearing more about any SM offers on detailing. My car has PPF on about 3/4s of it which is starting to show its age, and I'm interested in removing it, and replacing with a full paint correction and a decent protective coating...

Steve GS

That's a great road to drive it's just too short take it all the way to buntingford turn around and drive again. (Probably the best road in Hertfordshire) On your first run you pass a little village called clotted lovely place with thatched roofed houses there is a pub there called the bull they do a nice bit of food there. Love your black GS.

iainw

Are you a detailer?
I am in Wales but would travel for a competitive detail / Paint protection.
Its popping into Dick Lovetts soon for a GTO front grill to be fitted - then I am keen on a detail.

EnzoMC

PM sent guys

yep I have a detailing business and based in MK which i started mainly for charity

EnzoMC

well its been a while since she has been out for a long drive - tomorrow is the day and I'm so looking forward to the 4hrish drive down to drop her off for a service. then longer train home

whats the take on spark plugs - I normally change mine every 2yrs but this time I've only done about 3k in 2yr - I think I will still get them changed unless I'm adviced not to - if so I'll have a set of plugs for anyone who wants them (free)

conaero

Forum Owner
Dont think I have ever replaced plugs on any of the 6 Maseratis I have owned.

The only thing I would say, I have heard of problems with those Iridium aftermarket ones so if you do, go with the OEM ones.

FIFTY

Naturally aspirated engines aren't too ******* their spark plugs I would ask for them to be cleaned

EnzoMC

ah. I always requested these get changed just as a matter of up-keep, same with all fluids... I've been replacing the plugs every 2ish yrs - I was told that they didn't need to be change previously but I still got them done, first time I heard about the mileage. I've had about 4 sets since owning the car... this will be the least milage a set has done so I will discuss tomorrow

Matt - I always use OEM parts however the plugs in at the moment I got from Ferrari parts as these were cheaper than Maserati plugs, only difference was the box I'm told :)

before someone says something - yes I've used non-oem parts but only those confirmed on here as better like brake discs, tyres ect...