Supercar Saturday, Castle Combe, 28 October 2017

Panicracing

I am in Scotland at moment and back down south tommorow so all being well will be okay for Saturday.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

MarkMas

Chief pedant
By the way I hope you guys didn't bang your heads on the hazardous looking pointy orange arrow thingy when you stood up from under the Maser bonnet!

Oh no, that's my new patent bonnet opening device - I have glued a giant orange arrow to the latch. Much more effective than the wooden spatula.

CC vid.jpg

Ewan

Can I come? I fancy giving the QP GTS a run out this weekend. Someone there might even want to buy it :goodluck:

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Can I come? I fancy giving the QP GTS a run out this weekend. Someone there might even want to buy it :goodluck:

I guess you just add yourself to this list:

4. Entry confirmed - Fiat124 Spider
5. Kazzer
6. Alfa Muppet
7. SteveM - 3200
8. Panicracing
9. Phil H
10. Rockits
11. Contigo
12. MarkMas
13. FernandoIsFasterThanYou
14. Liznnik? …… AKA Lisknik?
15. luckesgtv6 – Alfa GTV6

And I'd certainly like to see the 'best QP in the world'.

luckesGTV6

Hi Guys,

Tomorrow’s the day and I hope y’all have a pleasant and safe journey to ‘Combe. Sweating in the sun at the moment, it's more like spring.

I’ve tried to attach some stuff below which may whet your appetites still further in anticipation. Nah! didn't work, sorry guys!

I’ve also got some freebee handouts to distribute to you, courtesy of Maserati UK from Goodwood, which may be useful to decorate your lounge, study, mancave, loo or garden shed according to your situation.
It is a long story but, in brief, my brother and I were chatting adjacent to that SUV they have started producing when we were interrupted by an aggressive, thrusting but naive salesman chappie who I swiftly impaled through the heart by telling him that although we had an interest we had been remarking on how attractive the Stelvio looked compared with other SUV’s (follow my eyes)
In order to readjust our thinking (and get us quickly off the stand) we were given some arty-farty renderings of Levante details to distribute to our SportMaserati chaps. Tomorrow’s the day guys so dodge me if you can ‘cos I only need one myself!

I think most of you have been to this event before and the main points are in the preceding posts but anyone with any queries that are not covered please ask today or if you’re wanting to attend please add your name to the list below. You beat me to it MarkMas :) (I’ve added you to the list Ewan and you will be most welcome to display your vehicle)

The Latest latest Display list:-

3. Ewan Maserati QP GTS
4. Entry confirmed - Fiat124 Spider
5. Kazzer
6. Alfa Muppet
7. SteveM - 3200
8. Panicracing
9. Phil H
10. Rockits
11. Contigo
12. MarkMas
13. FernandoIsFasterThanYou
14. Liznnik? …… AKA Lisknik?
15. luckesgtv6 – Alfa GTV6

Still enough room for another 3 ‘cos I’m actually supposed to be in another area.

A last couple of points>
First and most importantly they are serving breakfasts from about 7.30 in the café if you’re a bit peckish after your long journey and secondly I thought our display stood out from the other ‘clubs’ with our angled parking rather than most other displays who were at 90 degrees to the road? Most cars present far better in ¾ front view.

BJL

What time do you have to be there to get in on the club/forum parking lot?

BJL

I'd like to add my name to the list if that's ok but wont be there until 9 - 10 oclock

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I thought our display stood out from the other ‘clubs' with our angled parking rather than most other displays who were at 90 degrees to the road

Also, if we can get super organised, we could group the cars together by type. In no particular order:

QPs:-
MarkMas
Ewan
BJL
(9-10am)
rockits?

GTs:-
Kazzer
Contigo
?

GSs:-
Panicracing

4200s:-
FernandoIsFasterThanYou
Phil H
rockits
?

3200s:-
SteveM
Contigo?

Alfas:-
Lisknik
luckesgtv6
Alfa Muppet

Fiats:-
Entry confirmed - Fiat124 Spider ???

(I love a list, me.)

Ewan

Looking forward to it. I'll aim to be there around 9.

Haven't mentioned it to the wife or children yet. Hope they have nothing else planned for me tomorrow...!

luckesGTV6

I'd like to add my name to the list if that's ok but wont be there until 9 - 10 oclock

Quite OK buddy, You're very welcome but with a late arrival please creep slowly through the paddock as the public behave as if they're on holiday at the sea side for some reason :)

Just select, copy & paste the list with your name added on a reply.

luckesGTV6

Looking forward to it. I'll aim to be there around 9.

Haven't mentioned it to the wife or children yet. Hope they have nothing else planned for me tomorrow...!

Plan a surprise for them!
By the way did you notice the electric cars or are the kids the wrong age?
Ear plugs might also be a good idea for them as Contigo will be there!

luckesGTV6

Also, if we can get super organised, we could group the cars together by type. In no particular order:

MarkMas
Ewan
BJL
(9-10am)
rockits?

Kazzer
Contigo
?

Panicracing

FernandoIsFasterThanYou
Phil H
rockits
?

3200s:-
SteveM
Contigo?

Alfas:-
Lisknik
luckesgtv6
Alfa Muppet

Fiats:-
Entry confirmed - Fiat124 Spider ???

(I love a list, me.)

Sounds a good plan to me so can you sort that for the guys as they arrive and perhaps suggest they bring a screen writeup on their car for educating the public about their Bellas. I think most of the guys have one already made up but some may not. :) By the way, I'm probably going to be parked elsewhere in the paddock with the GTV but will try to be around first thing.

luckesGTV6

What time do you have to be there to get in on the club/forum parking lot?

The organisers have asked us to be there at 8.45 if possible as they will be moving the track cars around the paddock at 9am. It's an early start and if you arrive later please be careful as there may be children as well as adults darting about.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Sounds a good plan to me so can you sort that for the guys as they arrive....
Nah. Not going to happen. I will be getting there at about 8:44. I'm just throwing out the idea and hoping someone will get us organized on the day.

BJL

Originally Posted by MarkMas View Post

MarkMas
Ewan
rockits?

Kazzer
Contigo?

Panicracing

FernandoIsFasterThanYou
Phil H